Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Husband Is Driving me Nuts!

LOL! You guys are too funny! I totally agree I would be pissed if my hubby had brought wings into the house also! My honey keeps his "treats" in his man cave away from my eyes....even before I was banded when I was doing weight watchers I ask him to keep his oreos and what not in his man cave! I don't think that's cruel...it's being supportive. If he was an alcoholic and trying to get clean I wouldn't leave bottles of wine in the fridge or drink it right in front of him...I would want to be supportive in any way I could be! So why wouldn't it be the same for us when we are trying to loose weight and get healthy.

I don't keep any kind of junk food in my house...I'm sure my 9 year old would love to have chips and ice cream and what not at her disposal but does she really need all that? The way I look at it is she's not deprived I'm trying to teach her how to eat healthy so that she doesn't end up morbidly obese like her mom! I wouldn't wish that on her and she has my genes so why not try to keep her as healthy as possible. That's not to say she doesn't have junk food at times...she had plenty of candy for valentines day that she ate....but as far as what's in the kitchen and in the cupboards it's all healthy! And her and my honey eat the same meals as I do for the most part!

I just got off liquids and I know it's torcher....we did eat Soups as a family then too...it didn't kill em and they ate a good dinner!

For the OP I'm glad your hubby was understanding after you explained it to him!

When I post in a thread I am not trying to insult or offend anyone. Sometimes I may just have a different point of view. Personally, I find it helpful to read different opnions and try not to get insulted if they are different than my own. Elfie and I have agreed and disagreed on several topics. We have laughed at each other's jokes. If we were all the same the world would be very bland.

Look at it this way and use this thread as an example.

All the different opnions in a thread make me think.

Am I being a food diva? Am I asking too much of the poeple around me? Is my husband a total jerk for bringing wings in the house? We all may have different feelings about all of it.

I did not try to say anything insulting or out of line.

I learned a long time ago that it isn't all about me. I married my best friend in this world. I only want great things for him and it goes both ways. I would never tell him what to eat, and I have never kept junk food in my house. So the child analogy is so not pertinent. People expect others to keep the lb patient at the center of the universe. If it works for you go for it. I know that in our lives my whims and weaknesses shouldn't affect them.

Thus is merely my opinion. I would suggest that is is useful in dealing not only with my family, but the world in general. It becomes much less frustrating whenone stops trying to control the actions of others, and blaming others.

Edited by MissyMS

I am married to a man who has trouble keeping weight on. I also have a teen age son who runs on the thin side. I don't think it would be fair to rid the house of the foods they love because I can't have them. Part of this whole experience for me is learning to think of food in a healthier way. In the past I would eat just because the food was there whether I was hungry or not. Now, I have to think about why I want to eat it, if it is because I am really hungry I allow myself to have it. Whatever it is. If it is because I am bored, depressed, whatever I try to resist the temptation. Do I always win out? No, but I do more than I don't. In the past believe me it was the other way around. I let them have their favorite foods in the house. It is their home too.

(Wondering if the OP thought such a simple post would create this may replies.) :thumbup:

(Wondering if the OP thought such a simple post would create this may replies.) :thumbup:

ROFL...probably not.

Actually, what I've found most interesting about this thread is how people look at this whole process.

Not one person responded to my query as to whether they would bring KFC into their home *knowing* it was their partner's weakness and *knowing* that their partner was on a very low fat diet because of heart disease and a high risk of heart attack. I'm assuming they wouldn't because they care about their partner and want them around for a good long time.

Based on many of the posts here, it seems many don't see this same connection between our obesity and our life span. Instead, it's something less and expecting our partner to support our new healthy lifestyle in order to prolong our life is seen as an unreasonably demanding 'whim'.

Make no mistake...our lives are shortened by decades because of obesity and the health complications that arise from it. Let's not make it less than it is.

Oh darn...I said my other post would be my last and here I went again. Well slap duct tape on my fingers and kick my soap box back into the closet.

:thumbup:

Lol, yes, I would still eat chicken if my husband couldn't. Too funny. Not a rocket science type question! My husband is diabetic. I still ate a donut in front of him on occasion. Satisfied, chuckle.

You want to be babied and control others then that is your right. I've managed to raise children who are smart enough to eat enough, enjoy food and a healthy lifestyle. I'm proud of them. If they want wings or a cookie I'll go buy it for them. Not whine about how I can't or am better off without.

I also have an issue with people complaint about family and friends on the Internet. It is not nice. People deserve more respect than that.

Edited by MissyMS

Ok so I'm the OP...on my bb and not signed in. First I have a wonderful husband and we share a lot. But as I previously stated while I'm in my house and doing my thing I'd rather not be surrounded my temptation. Some of those things is what landed me in the OR in the first place.

Secondly, I am not a food diva, cry baby, whiner or any of that. I simply thought that I could come on this forum and vent a funny post. Not be publically insulted and called names. For those of u that had constuctive critisms thank u

There is a scripture that says "this is the will of God concerning u" this means that each person has a purpose and a way to reach that purpose. Some of us have more willpower than others...we applaud you for that. For those that lack in some area, we have lap band talk.

Let's all keep in mind one important thing - we ALL have the lap band because we ALL have issues with food. So please don't even try to position yourself as better bc of skills you've learned over time.

I appreciate the comments tho! I talked to hubbie and he understands and at the end of the day I'm gone do what works for me and I expect my man to do what works for me. And I do the same for him. I Iron all his clothes, clean up, wash, support his work, proof his papers - if I can't ask him to help me lose weight - then I have bigger problems. Marriage is a team effort - what works in my house may not work in yours. But as long as you and SO are on the same page, that's all that matters

Edited by Humming Bird

Oh my goodness...my dh just came home with 10 spicy garlic hooters wings!!! They smell so good...I am only 10 days out from surgery and I am salvating...Somebody send me some encouragement quick!! LOL:ohmy:

Elfie Poo, I'll join in not being able to keep my word regarding this thread.. so here I go. Please note the original post above. Nowhere in there did she say her hubby was wrong or malicious or sabatoging. She asked for ENCOURAGEMENT!! Some of you just can't give encouragement, because no one is as "right" as you are. If they need encouragement, I suppose you think they are a wimp. What right do you have to judge others? If you can't give encouragement, perhaps you shouldn't post on a SUPPORT bulletin board. Maybe you should stick to Rants and Raves -which you are very good at giving.

Ok Elfie, putting my soap box alongside yours in the closet.

I learned a long time ago that it isn't all about me.

Right! It's all about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

:wink2::redface::w00t::redface::thumbup:

(now quietly heading out of the thread--for now)

What a wild thread!!! Amazing!!!

Edited by Humming Bird

Right! It's all about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

:w00t::redface::hurray::redface::thumbup:

(now quietly heading out of the thread--for now)

I can't be all about you baby, cuz it's all about meeeeeee!!!!! Me me me and me some more!:wink2: