Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Husband Is Driving me Nuts!

Oh my goodness...my dh just came home with 10 spicy garlic hooters wings!!! They smell so good...I am only 10 days out from surgery and I am salvating...Somebody send me some encouragement quick!! LOL:ohmy:

Yes, just one and a Protein Shake. Then you won't feel hunger.

Remember why you chose the band.

Rewards will be worth it.

Oh my goodness...my dh just came home with 10 spicy garlic hooters wings!!! They smell so good...I am only 10 days out from surgery and I am salvating...Somebody send me some encouragement quick!! LOL:ohmy:

First off, punch him in the nose! :confused:

Then lick his fingers!

Really though, if solids aren't in your food plan yet, you shouldn't eat them. chicken can be a hard food to eat with a band, and getting stuck so soon after surgery ..... I could not imagine the pain. Yikes!

First of all you need to have a chat with your husband. You need support and bringing home bad food is not supporting you. Make a decision now about how you will handle his food choices and then just say NO. You should still be on liquids so soon after surgery, spicy wings are NOT on your menu right now, they will be in time....then you can choose to have just one, not yet though.

Tell him this is the one time in your marriage you would prefer him to eat the wings AT Hooters while gawking at the scantilly clad waitresses rather than getting them to go. LOL

Yeah, I am going to tell him...I have been cool up until today. But I need to let him know those wings cannot come back in this house. I think its torture. I am not into sabotaging myself. I am healing pretty good AND I've lost 15 lbs since surgery...NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME. I AM MORE THAN A CONQUEROR THROUGHT CHRIST JESUS. Amen.

Thanks fam! I love this forum

i don't think eating food is "not supporting" someone. If DH is having something I feel I don't want, I am perfectly capable of walking away for a bit, going on a walk, etc. It isn't his eating that is a problem. Just my opinion.

It depends on the person, I wish I could do that but this is part of the reason I got up to 300 pounds in the first place....if it's around I will eat it and for a long time I had a (lets call him a room mate) who ate everything in sight, so I did too.

I am better now but I still can not have too much in the house. I can not eat just one cookie, I eat the entire pack. Funny how with my band I cant eat a peice of meatloaf at times but a pack of Cookies would go down fine.

i don't think eating food is "not supporting" someone. If DH is having something I feel I don't want, I am perfectly capable of walking away for a bit, going on a walk, etc. It isn't his eating that is a problem. Just my opinion.

It depends on the person, I wish I could do that but this is part of the reason I got up to 300 pounds in the first place....if it's around I will eat it and for a long time I had a (lets call him a room mate) who ate everything in sight, so I did too.

I am better now but I still can not have too much in the house. I can not eat just one cookie, I eat the entire pack. Funny how with my band I cant eat a peice of meatloaf at times but a pack of Cookies would go down fine.

I guess that I don't get what the guy is supposed to do. Not eat? Not eat anything that tastes good? It was chicken, not Cookies. He wasn't expecting his wife/partner to cook them, he was just having a meal.

I do get that it doesn't help to have a store of simple carbs around. That makes sense. No one needs those to survive.

I think DH needs a good kick in the pants!! lol.....

Tell him once you lose the weight and get to goal you may become a Hooters Mama, that may keep him out of there!!

Seriously now....I can relate to this, if you can be stong now you will be able to get through anything. You will be on real food soon enough and maybe a little stronger because you were able to make it through the toughest phase of being banded. Once you are on SOLID food again if you have a Buffalo Wild Wings near you they have a dish called Bare Naked Wings. They are boneless strips of chicken, served with the same buffalo hot sauce, blue cheese and celery just like regular wings. They are delicious and cure my cravings for wings. Just watch your portion size and you will be fine!!

Stay strong!!

I don't expect others around me to change their eating just because I have changed mine. I went to a child's birthday just lastnight. I did not eat cake and I did not expect anyone to change just because I was there.

My family has eaten pizza, cake, icecream, burgers, french fries, hot wings .......... all in front of me and they should continue !

I guess that I don't get what the guy is supposed to do. Not eat? Not eat anything that tastes good? It was chicken, not Cookies. He wasn't expecting his wife/partner to cook them, he was just having a meal.

I do get that it doesn't help to have a store of simple carbs around. That makes sense. No one needs those to survive.

I definitely don't mind him eating what he wants...but I personally think its torture to eat those kinds of things in my face. Eating sensibly and healthy is not eating disgusgting food...but it definitely shows more support...Wings may not be your weakness...but it's mine and in MY house, I'd prefer not to be around my weakness foods right now lol. So I appreciate your comments and feedback but Hubbie is going to have to eat the wings @ Hooters.

I agree Humming Bird that no one should change their eating habits because I did, However I did asked my family to be a little bit considerate when at home during my liquid and mushie stage. After 2 weeks when I was back on regular food, and still today nothing anyone eats in front of me bothers me. The first few weeks I felt was critical in the success of my journey.

I agree Humming Bird that no one should change their eating habits because I did, However I did asked my family to be a little bit considerate when at home during my liquid and mushie stage. After 2 weeks when I was back on regular food, and still today nothing anyone eats in front of me bothers me. The first few weeks I felt was critical in the success of my journey.

Yes thats true...my fam eats whatever they want. I know this is a journey I am taking alone and I'm fine with that...but we don't have kids and he's the only support I have right now. He even said he felt guilty eating them in front of me (after I posted this and put him on blast!) So hopefully he will understand.

That is why my surgeon have family meetings at his office to make sure that everyone is on the same page . To me the lap band does not take away cravings and desires and old habits die hard. Having the support (whatever your definintion of support is) is important (in my opinion) to long term success.

I've tried so many diets and things in the past and at first he was in for the long haul with me. But then I find myself gorging just b/c he's eating.

MissyMs you're right about one thing, if I can't take it...I will have to channel the craving into something more productive like working out, taking a walk, cleaning, riding my bike etc...

You guys are wonderful! Thanks so much