Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

Hi Happytrucker,

I am so glad that you are doing better. I am getting banded on 4/9 and I am extremly nervous about this surgery, but reading your posts makes me feel better. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Best wishes,

Lunamiah

Congrats to all the April Bandsters that have had their surgeries. I am scheduled for Monday morning and I have to be there at 7:30am. I have been doing my pre-op the last 3 weeks and have done ok. I am down 12lbs. The next two days is Clear Liquids only - that will be a challenge but I can survive two days. I am ready to get the show on the road.

Hi Everyone,

I am getting banded on April 9 also. I started getting a little nervous after reading the complications after LAP-BAND®" forum. :thumbup: I guess that is why they call it complications huh? I went to Wal-Mart tonight to look for Protein Shakes and only seen boost and slim fast in the pharmacy area. Where do you find that one with the 40g of Protein? That is the one I think I need. :thumbup:

My prayers are with you all....I love reading all your updates...it helps me stay excited.

Stagegirl

Hello,

I'm just about there! I have been working on getting this surgery since August.. I had to play the Insurance Company games. But I have made it this far and now I'm down to the last 4 weeks, it hard to believe. My surgery date is set for April 30th. I hope I can make it on the two week pre op diet. But reading the post have helped, so I will be here often for support, so thanks everyone...Together we can!

Martha

So, Cal

Glad to hear you are doing so well. I must admit that I am more than a little jealous! It is taking every ounce of strength inside me just to walk from the livingroom to the bathroom and back. I could not imagine doing the DH's laundry. He is waiting on me hand and foot right now. The doctor warned me I was going to have a "very painful recovery" due to the "very large hernia" she fixed. My stomach and incisions are just achy and stiff, as if I over-did an ab workout. My chest and shoulders feel like someone is standing on them, stabbing me repeatedly. I can only take shallow breaths. I'm drinking Lortab every 4 hours, on the dot!

Good luck to everyone being banded today. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am so sorry your surgery was tough one. I hope each day is getting a little better. I am feeling for you!

Hang in there. It will be worth it in the end!

First of all I want to thank the God that I serve, for a successful surgery. I also want to thank each and everyone of you for the well wishes.

I am still sort of oozzy from all the meds, but I wanted to let e'one to know that I am doing chezzy. I will post details 2morrow when I am all alert and probably sound sane. The pain is almost non-existence, just a little discomfort. Still at the hospital, will spenf the night here.

I have had nothing to eat all day, just four cups of ice and 4 oz of sippping Water over an hour and a half. I am not hungry just a constant dry throat.

Will post a more detailed surgery experience once I am sober. Guys we can do this. Lets do this.

I have been lingering and watching from afar. I am being banded on 4/6. I can't wait.

weight.png

Edited by marsmom

Im not sure who's up next for their surgery, but good luck! And for those few that went under the knife on the 1st and 2nd, I hope you're second day of recovery went well.

Best Regards!!

Good Morning Everybody...

Mamasugar, I am so glad to hear that your surg went well, congrats to ya.

Marsmom it's great seeing you posting. This is wonderful bunch of bunnies..

This morning my incisions are bothersome, on the pain about a 3. DH keeps telling that I don't have to be hero.

I have to move around b/c the activity believe it or not makes me feel better.

Also, I am tring to make a ticker, will some walk me through it? Have a great day everone.

Mamasugar~ glad to hear your surgery went well.

HappyTrucker~ Sorry to hear your incisions are bothersome today. Your DH is right, you don't have to be a hero. Stay up and moving since that makes you feel better, but take your pain meds if your incision pain gets worse. Afterall, you did just have surgery :bored: As for a ticker: 1)go to tickerfactory.com 2)click on "weight loss" 3)follow the steps as they guide you through creating your unique ticker 4) at the end you will have the option to copy the html code 5)paste that code into your signature (under the edit signature option on your user cp). Hope this helps!

Glad to hear the first of you are through it and on the mend. I am getting ready for my surgery with two days of liquids and then surgery on Wednesday. I am glad I did my own preop because I think even two days of liquids would be really really hard without having been through the carb withdrawal first. I lost 16 pounds so I am ready.

Wish me luck!

I am scheduled to be banded april 14th @ 8am. As the date gets closer I find myself having doubts. For much of the same reasons as Ravyn. Fear of failure... fear of bein at the mercy of this system, surgeons & all that. I'm a nurse so I don't exactly have blind faith in the medical system, as people mistakes are inevitable. I'm hoping for the best but in need of some encouragement! =/

Glad to hear the first of you are through it and on the mend. I am getting ready for my surgery with two days of liquids and then surgery on Wednesday. I am glad I did my own preop because I think even two days of liquids would be really really hard without having been through the carb withdrawal first. I lost 16 pounds so I am ready.

Wish me luck!

FroggieD...the prayers are already going up for ya. Well wishes and the best of luck to ya for a speedy and uneventful recovery..16 lbs wow:thumbup:, your are already miles ahead.

Sashay02

Sit back, let loose and enjoy your journey. What area of nursing are you in? Two people on my surgical team were bandsters and the conversations that we had really helped. Email me if you want to talk. I'm in nursing school right now myself. I will be in Sunny San Diego in August for the Nursing Convention.

Edited by happytrucker280
Forgot to address poster

Thanks lunamiah. Congrats on getting your date. That happens to be my birthday, also.

This morning is going well. I still have to get up out of the bed gingerly and no real tossing and turning while sleeping. I still have the burning sensation at the upper incision when I move too quickly, it's not unbearable but it is there. I went to KMart and to the grocery store on yesterday. No problems with the walking. My DH joked that now he can walk faster than me. I told him only until I am fully healed.

While it's sunny out today, I may just go out and walk around the yard.

Again, Good Luck to ya..Keep posting.