Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

I am to be banded on April 21st. I am nervous, excited, and petrified all at the same time.

weight.png

Edited by Ayana

My date is 4/22/10.....long journey to get here. Let us know about the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, as I am lactose intolerant also and would love to know how that worked for you.

Muscle Milk Protein shakes and powder is also lactose free and available at costco. They are a lot less expensive than most Protein shakes/powders and the chocolate is great! Thought I'd mention it. Good luck...our dates are coming up fast!:)

Hi my name is Tina Iam having my surgery done April 2, 2010 too, by Jose Rodriguez in Juarez would be nice to chat Iam very excited about my surgery.:) my e mail is christinareimel@yahoo.com

Has anyone strated their preop diet yet? What do you have to do? How is it going?

April 9th!!! I have been horrible with the 6 month diet....I'm hoping it won't cause a problem with the insurance....no weight loss in 5 months (unfortunately, I didn't really try)......one more weigh in on Wednesday before submitting to Insurance Co.......I guess I have that "last meal syndrome".....not good:cursing:

April 9th!!! I have been horrible with the 6 month diet....I'm hoping it won't cause a problem with the insurance....no weight loss in 5 months (unfortunately, I didn't really try)......one more weigh in on Wednesday before submitting to Insurance Co.......I guess I have that "last meal syndrome".....not good:cursing:

I thought I was being banded last August and was doing great. Then I had problems and had to change surgeons. I have been doing "last suppers" for months since.

Now I am finally set to get banded on April 7 so I ended all that almost 2 weeks ago and I am eating low carb, lean Protein, with Protein powder shakes. I am hungry but I feel better already. I have lost 11 pounds and am counting down the days. I figure when I have the surgery, the better eating won't be such a shock to you system.

Congrats and best of luck to you!:)

I started my pre-op y'day. I did O.K during the day but for dinner I cheated. Well, I got over it quickly and promised to do better today. Well, I was 90% on point and then I went to SAMS Wholesale on an empty stomach. Big mistake. There were samples every corner I turned.

I cld or did not say no. However, I made healthy choices such as the Tilapia samples they had. I came home and had my one real meal of the day. I am glad that I am going thru this pre-op, bcos it will give me a chance to get it together b4 I get banded. food addiction is just as bad as Crack addiction.

SB: I am using powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shakes and they do taste pretty good.

I started my pre-op y'day. I did O.K during the day but for dinner I cheated. Well, I got over it quickly and promised to do better today. Well, I was 90% on point and then I went to SAMS Wholesale on an empty stomach. Big mistake. There were samples every corner I turned.

I cld or did not say no. However, I made healthy choices such as the Tilapia samples they had. I came home and had my one real meal of the day. I am glad that I am going thru this pre-op, bcos it will give me a chance to get it together b4 I get banded. food addiction is just as bad as Crack addiction.

SB: I am using unjury shakes and they do taste pretty good.

I think it is much worse because:

food is legal

Food is everywhere you go

Food is everywhere you look

Well meaning people push it on you at every corner

You are supposed to eat when you are happy and celebrating (birthday parties, Christmas, etc)

You are supposed to eat when you are sad (people bring food to you when someone dies)

We use food to reward our children

If you don't eat enough, people worry about you.

I could go on and on.

At least with drugs you can remove yourself from the scene while you are going through withdrawal and not have to watch other people enjoying it.

I guess you have to find a reason that motivates you enough to change. I am still looking for that, too!:)

I know what you mean. I started watching what I eat right after I found out I was approved. I read on my surgeon's website about their pre-op diet. I am supposed to start it two weeks before surgery, that is tomorrow. I thought I would start it early. I was doing well until last night and I gave into McDonald's. I have done much better today. I have lost 7lbs since I was approved but it has been hard but I am hoping the jump start will help me in the long run.

Another April bunny here! April 14th... what is everyone doing for preop diet?

My doctor didn't require a pre-op diet, but since my BMI is so high I decided to do one... I really did not want to wake-up from surgery and be told my liver was too big!

Today is day 11 of my self-inflicted 3 week pre-op diet. I have lost 18lbs so far, which puts me 15lbs below my starting weight. I am drinking 3 shakes per day made with various flavors of Isopure Protein powder, a 4oz serving of sugarfree Jello chocolate pudding (I add 4 scoops of Protein Powder when I am making the pudding), and a cup of chicken broth at night.

So far, I feel great and am not experiencing any of the side effects other people have talked about during their pre-op diets... I have lots of energy!

New member to the forum here. Surgery date is April 6th. Pre-op diet starts march 23rd. I see my diet is different from some peeps: I only get two cups of veggies a day plus broth, diet drinks, sugar free Jello, sugar free ice pops, and the Protein shakes.

I have long work days with only a microwave and a refrigerator. What pre made Protein Shakes do you all recommend? I know myself I have to have stuff ican just grab and go and not have to deal with mixing and blending. I'm also lactose intolerant which makes my choices even slimmer. any advice would be appreciated!

I have not started my diet will start it this week, Iam excited about this and scared at the same time:unsure:

My surgery is April 14th!! I start my Pre-op diet March 31!!

New member to the forum here. Surgery date is April 6th. Pre-op diet starts march 23rd. I see my diet is different from some peeps: I only get two cups of veggies a day plus broth, diet drinks, sugar free Jello, sugar free ice pops, and the Protein shakes.

I have long work days with only a microwave and a refrigerator. What pre made Protein Shakes do you all recommend? I know myself I have to have stuff ican just grab and go and not have to deal with mixing and blending. I'm also lactose intolerant which makes my choices even slimmer. any advice would be appreciated!

I am allergic to dairy so I use a soy Protein powder (vanilla) in unsweetened soy milk. I add a Crystal Light kind of packet to it (acually I like Propel mix better). I found a "Blender Bottle" at the health food store that has a small wire "egg beater" in the bottom that works to blend up my drink just with shaking. I have bought 4 of them now so they are everywhere. I also get the soy protein powder at the health food store, their own brand. I shop at Whole Foods Health Food Store.

:laugh: