Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a 20 yr old starting my last year in college and I am getting banded! I am studying overseas this year and flying to the US. I will be landing exactly a week before surgery and getting my first checkups the next day (Im a self pay- didnt meet BMI- so it goes faster...) Im a bit nervous but being in a different country helps- I dont need to think about it until I fly in. Im hoping and praying everything will be okay and I am on the way to a healthier better life!!

Anyone with any info on the drinks I can get internationally for the 2 weeks before liquid diet would be appreciated...

Yours truly,

PhDGirl

Congratulations on your banding date. You have a lot going on! Good for you. I got my pre surgery drinks from my Dr. Maybe they could mail them to you? Mine were powder that I mixed with milk so they wouldn't be too expensive to mail. Good luck. Leigha

Congratulations on your banding date. You have a lot going on! Good for you. I got my pre surgery drinks from my Dr. Maybe they could mail them to you? Mine were powder that I mixed with milk so they wouldn't be too expensive to mail. Good luck. Leigha

Thanks so much!!! I actually found something really great- i should post it as a suggestion. Its 100% whey, 135 cal a serving and 25 grams of Protein in diff flavors. I mix it with milk, soy milk, vanilla milk... Im finding it filling. Today is day 2 on protein shakes- not to bad(yesterday wasnt complete because I did cal counting and had a little food.)

Oh good for you! When is your surgery?

Oh thats great. I have had my band for 4.5 months now and loving it. If you have any questions let me know I will be happy to help if I can.

Oh thats great. I have had my band for 4.5 months now and loving it. If you have any questions let me know I will be happy to help if I can.

thank you so much... I got so busy with flying home and teh surgery that I duidnt have many online opportunities... I know that sounds cxrazy in 2010... I am post op now. Wow. I cant believe it. Today was my first day of mushy- after I got the esophagram and everything looked good. It was a pleasant surprise when 10 days would have made fri my first day of real food. I see how the band is working even without fill and im loving it.. Makes up for an annoying post surgery last week... I am finally getting to settle into real life again....

I am still nervous about the Hair loss but I guess I have some time to deal with taht...

:smile:

I have not had any Hair loss, I had my 5 month anniversary last Saturday. I believe if you eat healthy food and take your Vitamins it really lessens your chance for hair loss.

I have not had any Hair loss, I had my 5 month anniversary last Saturday. I believe if you eat healthy food and take your Vitamins it really lessens your chance for hair loss.

Wow!!! I really have to start taking vitamins. What do you take? Has your weight loss been gradual? Im wondering if that makes a difference as well...

I just take a chewable Multivitamin from the store, plus 2 chewable Calcium tablets and a melt in your mouth B12. I didn't really start losing until my first fill and then I was losing 2 pounds a week but when I had about 25 to go it slowed down to 1 pound a week. :thumbup:

Just barging in to say hi, PhDGirl--and to wish you good luck!

Where are you studying abroad?

I just take a chewable multivitamin from the store, plus 2 chewable Calcium tablets and a melt in your mouth B12. I didn't really start losing until my first fill and then I was losing 2 pounds a week but when I had about 25 to go it slowed down to 1 pound a week. :thumbup:

I just got my first fill of 3cc and its not doing much- I also havent really modified my earting and I find I could eat just as much as before. Is this normal? Did I ruin my band by eating regular food? I also didnt feel anything when the saline was put in- does that make sense?

Just barging in to say hi, PhDGirl--and to wish you good luck!

Where are you studying abroad?

Hey!! thanks for saying hi and the luck looks like ill need it:) Im not such a frequent here- so sorry for delayed response... I think Ill need some more guidance so I might start being more of a frequent...

Im studying in Israel this year:)

Good luck to you too...

It usually takes more than one fill to get restriction, however, you need to start eating one cup of food or less at a sitting so that you start training yourself how to eat. Even if you have to eat more than 3 times a day. I posted a blog that shows what I usually eat during the day. I hope this helps.