Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was approved for lap band the middle of Jan. and could of had the operation the 28th but my wife and I were going to Vegas on the 11th and I didnt want to rune here trip if I was in pain or not in the best of moods from the surgery. So the 11th rolls around and our entire trip was cancelled because of the snow, and now I am pissed that I didnt have the OP done. Not really pissed just upset that I didnt get it done, so I had rescheduled the op for March 17th because that was the soonest that I could get in and it was over spring break and the wife and kids will be home. Anyway, today I decided I was going to call the office and ask a few questions and before we hung up I told her I was available if they had anyone cancel or had to move there date. Well she laughed and said hmmmmmm how about Wednesday! I mean NEXT WEEK WEDNESDAY! Well I was excited and called the wifey and I was then let down AGAIN, she wants me to wait until the 17th of march so the kids are home and she is off work and what not, I dont think she understands how tired of this entire process I am and I am ready for it to be over, so should I give in or should I try and talk her into letting me have it done next week? Help, I really want to have it done next week but she thinks I should wait......What to do? I can talk her into if I really try!:thumbup::biggrin:

Thanks Jack, I have tried to explain to her that I am not going to that bad off. I also agree that sitting around the house for a couple days alone would be nice as well, but she thinks she will need to be there which is great but I dont think its needed. She is very supportive of this and wants me to be happy but like I was saying before she doesnt know how much of a pita this is and I want to be done with it all. I will have to have the talk when I get home and hopefully get her on board!

I adore my boy, but I was begging him to go to work the day after I had surgery. He was driving me nuts :(

I would tell her that you will not need that much help. It would be better for you to be "home alone". I had mine done on Friday, have Feb Break this week. the kids are home and they are kind of a PITA. Even if it is obvious that something needs to be done they have to be asked. The 18 yo just wants the car and to be out with his GF and that leaves the 14 yo and I am not slave driving her. So when she asked to go to her friends I jumped on it and said yes. You are not bed bound or anything, you need to walk and not having people hoover over you will be much better. Just do it sooner and get it over with then you can enjoy the break with the kids and go to the movies and things like that.

I think maybe you should just explain to your wife how you want to get it done. We're pretty understanding people. lol I bet she will understand why it's important to you.