Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Months Post Op & Struggling

Hi lap band friends!

I had my surgery December 23, 2009, and have lost 25 pounds, and had 1 adjustment so far. My weight loss has pretty much stopped the last week or so, and I feel like I am able to eat too much still. I don't have another adjustment scheduled until April, should I call and ask for an adjustment sooner? Does anyone have advice on feeling fuller for longer? I really want to kick start my weight loss, but have been feeling so unmotivated! HELP!!:angry:

Hi LAP-BAND® friends!

I had my surgery December 23, 2009, and have lost 25 pounds, and had 1 adjustment so far. My weight loss has pretty much stopped the last week or so, and I feel like I am able to eat too much still. I don't have another adjustment scheduled until April, should I call and ask for an adjustment sooner? Does anyone have advice on feeling fuller for longer? I really want to kick start my weight loss, but have been feeling so unmotivated! HELP!!:angry:

Disclaimer I am not a food journaler at all. If you think you are "eating to much" I would journal everything you eat. You might find that you are not eating to much and are just having a plateau. Alternatively you could discover calories consummed that you just aren't noticing. Do you use cream in your coffee or sugar? In New England you often hear at Dunkin Donuts "I'll have an Extra Extra"; that would be extra suger and extra cream:ohmy:. That seriously adds up.

Journaling is a good idea for sure! I just started keeping a financial journal and it really helps. I do use sugar free Creamer & splenda in my coffee, but I also work for an In-Store branch of a bank, and am surrounded by food all day long! I have to walk through the bakery & the Starbucks to get to the bathroom..which is hell by the way!! I am hoping that joining this support group & making myself accountable for what I eat is going to get me back on track. I also think I am missing my Protein goal, which tracking would help me fix! Thanks for the advice & support!

I tried to get you the link to the nutrition section of the starbucks website. Shocker the only calorie count they are willing to share is for some sandwhiches less than 400 calories. Found another site not sure how accurate they are.

CalorieKing - Calorie Counter - Fast-Food Chains & Restaurants - Starbucks

Says one blueberry muffin is 500 cal. Ouch.

I sometimes look at how many calories someting is and it helps me not eat it.

Big Mouth Bites (with Fries) at Chili's has 1,000 cal with 95 grams of Fat. Haven't eaten them since I found this out.

I have weeks where I lose tons and then weeks I don't lose at all. It all averages out so just keep working it and the scale will catch up.

Journaling is great it really helped me the first few months preop.

If you do find your eatting alot don't hesitate to call and schedule a fill. My doc sees me every 4 weeks the first year.

To feel full longer you have to be sure not to drink with your meal or immediatly after. My doc says to wait 30 min after I eat before I resume drinking. Also eat Proteins. If your already doing this then It couldn't hurt to call the doc.

It does sound like you might need a fill though and probably before April.

Do not get discouraged. I hit plateaus that took a week or two and then all of a suddden it seemed like I would drop.

I did want to tell you to talk to your doctor. My doctor and nutritionist have both said that it is a sign for a fill if you seem to always be hungry. I have had 4 fills since my surgery on August 3, 2009. My doctor at this point has told me that I don't need another fill until I get the feeling of hunger again. My husband had his surgery on Dec. 15, 2009, his first fill on January 12, 2010 and will be getting another fill on February 23rd. They tend to have us come in about every 6 weeks up to the third or fourth fill and talk to us about how we eat and what we are able to eat.

I think everyone is right, I will call and schedule an appointment for a fill before April. I do have the disadvantage of living 400 miles from my surgeon, this is not ideal. Unfortunately I was already approved through my insurance for my surgeon when we had to move for my fiance's job, so I have to make sure I can make the trip down to So Cal to have the adjustment. It is a bit more coordination, but I really like my surgeon so it is worth it. On that note, has anyone had to change surgeons after surgery? I am planning on staying with mine for the first year, but will be looking to find a surgeon closer to home in the coming months and was wondering about the process. Thanks for any help/advice you might have!! :)