Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, New to this forum

Hello, My name is Jeff and Im a 5th yr student at PSU. I am about 2yr 5mo post op. My surgery was 10-10-2007. So far I seeing excellent results. Day of my surgery I was 380lbs and currently I now weigh 224lbs and still losing. The road has been tough for me at times it is truly is more than just a diet it is a complete lifestyle change. I am so happy that I decided to take a semster off from school and have this done though as I really needed to do something as diets and exercise were not working for me. I will be posting more in the future but in the mean time if anybody has any questions about my procedure or would like to know more just ask. Take it easy folks and good luck to those who were just operated on.

Congratulations on your loss so far and good luck with your continued loss, Jeff. That semester was like investing in your life. Way to go!

How has college life been with your operation? I am 18, 296 and 5' 7". I am graduating this year and headed to Arcadia University for Physical Therapy. My operation is scheduled for 3/2/10. Please get back to me so we can talk. ~ Stephen Bennett

Hi Jeff. I was going to do my introduction first in this forum, but thought I would reply. I graduated from Penn State in 1993. I haven't been back since (live in Chicagoland)...was wondering how the campus life is there these days. I lived in East Halls my first year (Stone Hall) , then West Halls (Irvin), South Halls (Hibbs) and then Simmons which used to be Centre Halls. Can't believe that I can remember all of that. Yikes.

Glad to see a fellow Nittany Lion on here. So glad to hear of your luck with the band. I can only hope for the same!

Erika

Congratulations on your loss so far, Jeff! 150-160 pounds is an awesome loss :tongue_smilie:

My college life has been difficult at times but I have been able to manage so far. For instance it can be hard at times especially when I go out to eat and drink with my friends but I have been able to manage. Stephen you will be fine and good luck this coming week. If you have any more specific questions just ask.

Erikaw, PSU is still awesome. If you would come back and see the campus you would not even recognize it. They have done so much construction on campus. I am getting ready for State Pattys day which is tommorrow, downtown is going to be insane. If you have anymore questions about PSU or my operation just ask.

Thanks to all the people that wished me well. You folks have a good one and keep in touch