Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor my surgery within 1 week ..from 16th-to 22nd of february ..and i need a buddy

i am a little anxious and worried about the experience and postoperative pain ,,

whether ill lose weight ..

i hope someone would me my buddy and help me through the whole process

thnx:wub:

I just got home from our Florida rendezvous. Tired, but happy to have "met" such wonderful ladies. A good time was had by all!

Judy

I just got home from our Florida rendezvous. Tired, but happy to have "met" such wonderful ladies. A good time was had by all!

Judy

are they other bandits?

oops, wrong thread....but....YES, a few of us met in Orlando and spent the weekend talking and sharing. Come to the thread We're Here to Help.....so helpful. You'll find the support you want!

Good luck with your banding on the 16th! Exciting! Post-operative pain? I had none, just some discomfort. If you follow the rules, use the band as a TOOL and not as THE answer, you WILL lost weight and find good health!

i am a little anxious and worried about the experience and postoperative pain ,,

whether ill lose weight ..

i hope someone would me my buddy and help me through the whole process

thnx:wub:

Hi- You are having surgery as I write this. i tried to post last night but the site was down. You will do just find. The post-op pain is minimal, you will make it through okay. If you read this during the first week after surgery I promise next week you will not even remember the inital post op discomfort. Your port area may be a little sore for a while- that's typical.

As to whether or not you'll lose weight- i bet you do! It is not unusual to doubt yourself, after all we've tried so many times before with no luck. But this time, with some effort from you along with the tool you can do it! Please see the tips my friend and asociate Gloria and I developed to give back to the banding community:

The 7 Things I Wish I Knew Before Lap-Band® Surgery.

Here are some of the things you will discover in this interview:

1. With a band, everything we have always known about how to lose weight finally works.

2. Finding the right surgeon is even more important than I realized.

3. Don't underestimate the adjustable nature of the band.

4. You can eat a wide variety of the foods you love with a band.

5. This life-changing decision really impacts spouses, partners, and those close to you.

6. Learn from others who have bands and who have been successful.

7. If you do decide to have a band, prepare for surgery.

You can find the "expanded version" at my blog :

Sandi's Banded Living — My Lapband Weight Loss Success Story

There is also alot of other informastion there- it is my journey over the past 6 years.

Stay in touch by email or PM and I will be there to offer my support.

I had surgery on the 16th also! I have lost 5 lbs and off my BP meds! I just swallowed a 1/4 of a Lexapro and so far, so good. Anyone completely off anxiety meds since the surgery??

Jasmine,

How are you doing? Did you have your surgery? Do you have any questions? I was banded on December 28 and I remember being nervous to shower (I took a shower 2 days after my surgery and it was done in the same day surgery wing.) I actually made my husband come into the bathroom and check on me. I am a baby about stitches and things. I had 4 holes and a 2 inch incision for the port (didn't realize I would have a 2" incision for my realize band.)

I would be happy to be your buddy as you go through this process.

When you feel up to it, drop me an e-mail: vanb0725@optonline.net. I would also be happy to give you my phone number so that we can chat from time to time about whatever you like.

Warmly,

Debby S.

Sorry to say, I am NOT off of my prestique, nor do I think I should be at this dreary wintery cold time of year. I have, however, cut down to 1/2 of my diabetic medicine.

Jasmine,

How are you doing? Did you have your surgery? Do you have any questions? I was banded on December 28 and I remember being nervous to shower (I took a shower 2 days after my surgery and it was done in the same day surgery wing.) I actually made my husband come into the bathroom and check on me. I am a baby about stitches and things. I had 4 holes and a 2 inch incision for the port (didn't realize I would have a 2" incision for my realize band.)

I would be happy to be your buddy as you go through this process.

When you feel up to it, drop me an e-mail: vanb0725@optonline.net. I would also be happy to give you my phone number so that we can chat from time to time about whatever you like.

Warmly,

Debby S.

Sorry to say, I am NOT off of my prestique, nor do I think I should be at this dreary wintery cold time of year. I have, however, cut down to 1/2 of my diabetic medicine.

hiiii thnx alot for your messages

i got postponed till 22nd

my surgery started at 10 am ..i was out at 11,30 am

but i had a very long time in the recovery room

and i was asleep till 8 pm ..

then i was allowed to drink clear fluids

i went home yesterday and this is my 2nd day post operative

i have been drinking non sweetened apple juice also orange ,

skimmed milk and strawberry and banana juices

i dont know if this is right or not but the doctor was the one told me about this

please tell me when i am supposed to start losing /

and is my diet right or not

thnx alot

Hi- You are having surgery as I write this. i tried to post last night but the site was down. You will do just find. The post-op pain is minimal, you will make it through okay. If you read this during the first week after surgery I promise next week you will not even remember the inital post op discomfort. Your port area may be a little sore for a while- that's typical.

As to whether or not you'll lose weight- i bet you do! It is not unusual to doubt yourself, after all we've tried so many times before with no luck. But this time, with some effort from you along with the tool you can do it! Please see the tips my friend and asociate Gloria and I developed to give back to the banding community:

The 7 Things I Wish I Knew Before Lap-Band®® Surgery.

Here are some of the things you will discover in this interview:

1. With a band, everything we have always known about how to lose weight finally works.

2. Finding the right surgeon is even more important than I realized.

3. Don't underestimate the adjustable nature of the band.

4. You can eat a wide variety of the foods you love with a band.

5. This life-changing decision really impacts spouses, partners, and those close to you.

6. Learn from others who have bands and who have been successful.

7. If you do decide to have a band, prepare for surgery.

You can find the "expanded version" at my blog :

Sandi's Banded Living — My LAP-BAND® Weight Loss Success Story

There is also alot of other informastion there- it is my journey over the past 6 years.

Stay in touch by email or PM and I will be there to offer my support.

thnx alot or ur articles ive read it before the surgery and helped alot