Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am beginning the journey towards lapband surgery with Dr. Gould in NH

I have just attended my first of three required meetings for Dr. Gould's program. is there anyone else out there who is in the beginning stages or have been through the lapband with Dr. gould and his team? I would love to hear from you! where are you in the process? thanks Tracey:rolleyes2:

I have just attended my first of three required meetings for Dr. Gould's program. is there anyone else out there who is in the beginning stages or have been through the LAP-BAND® with Dr. gould and his team? I would love to hear from you! where are you in the process? thanks Tracey:rolleyes2:

i will have my surgery on tuesday after 2 days

i am from egypt ,alexandria

good luck in ur surgery

when will it be?

I dont have a date set yet. Its a lengthy process here in the US. so it might be a few more months but i have waited this long .... what is the process for you where you are? we have to attend three meetings that occur once a month and have a lot of pre-op blood work and medical testing, psychological evaluation and lose about 10 pounds before they I can even see the surgeon.... so I have just attended my first meeting and most of the testing has been done I have to lose the weight and attend two more meetings.

Congrats on begining your journey.

I am 6 weeks post op. I have lost 28 pounds since Nov,09. I just had my first fill. Just found out this morning I lost 3 more pounds this week. I thought for sure I was gonna gain. I had some margaritas for valentines dinner. We celebrated thursday night. I am in Florida and my surgeon is Dr. Cywes. He is frank about things and a little rash but I love him. I have never had a doctor care so much wether or not I lose weight. They always tell me I need to but have never challenged me like he does. I was so nervous to go see him last week because I was unsure of how I did. My scale said I lost 9 pounds but his always reads different. I thought about canceling my appt. Then I decided to put on my "big girl panties" and act like a grown up. I went in to face him and his scale registered a 9 pound loss too. He was so thrilled and really gave me kudos. It was a great spring board for me to continue. Now I realize, he really is the best doc I have had. He really doesn't accept excuses. He has been a great blessing to my life. We are putting an end to my weight problem.

It feels so good to see the scale go down, to buy smaller clothes, to have more energy, to look at old pictures and see the change. We have so much to look forward to. If I feel this good now I can't imagine how I will feel when I hit onederland and goal. I hope you are excited.

Oh I am very excited!! I have been trying for a few years but due to insurance issues i had been able to do it. Now I am definately moving forward. I cant wait! I am feeling so optimistic. I bought the book Weight Loss Surgery with the adjustable gastric band I cant read enough about it! I need to begin exercising more before surgery. right now i swim (doggie paddle:blush:) for an hour a week along with stretching. what do you find most helpful to keep up with it? tracey

I love my wii fit and I have alot of walking around my college campus. The wii fit plus has such variety on it. I can do yoga, step aerobics, obstacle courses... When My dad had a pool I would go over there almost everyday and swim. (It's was heated) I miss that. I do like variety in my workout. Yesterday, I walked up and down the road while my son road his bike. I hate to admit it but I like Richard Simmons too. He just wants you to move, get your heart going. There is no fuss over doing it just precisly the way the pretty little models do. He has real women having fun. My doc only requires 15 minutes a day right now. I don't feel so overwhelmed to meet that goal.

What really keeps me at it is getting on that scale and seeing I am not 260 anymore. That motivates me. Then all the nonscale victories, buying new clothes, looking at all my old pictures, people not recognizing me. My doc even said he saw a bikini in my future. It seems like everyday I feel some sort of victory from this. Even if it's just at the end of the day knowing I actually made it through the whole day without binging.

I have had that optimistic feeling for awhile now. It never gets old. Just the thought that there will come a day when I won't look like a fat chick.

I haven't heard of that book. If your reading in that much it must be good. Check out this thread. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f260/im-here-help-64725/

The ladies on that thread have been such and inspiration and soft place to fall. Most of them post everyday and if I have a question or need support I always get a response within the day. We all just had kind of a reunion in florida this weekend. Everyone is traveling from that right now so it is a little slow but by tuesday the thread should be jumping again. I would love for you to come in and get all the support that I have.

well just reading your post is inspiring! that might be something to look into (the wii) I am struggling with swimming more because it feels like i take a lot of time away from the family but the wii might be an idea that can help! I am interested in yoga and that might be the perfect way to get started without being too self conscious. I like disco music so richard simmons is great! ahhaha I will also check out the link too! thanks how is it to think differently about drinking Water with the meal?? I am wondering about that its been so ingrained to drink lots of water with your meal and now that will not be the case.... any thoughts?