Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded yesterday around 6:00 p.m. I am already home, but I feel horrible. I had a hiatal hernia repair with the band surgery. I think that maybe I feel so bad because of the hiatal hernia repair. I have so much gas, I have been walking and taking gas x but the gas does not go away. I feel so bad, I did not think it was going to be so painful. Did everyone else have a pain experience?

I can't speak for having a HH repaired. The gas pains in my neck and shoulder lasted about 10 days. Oi had some pain at the incision where the port sits for about the same amount of time. Hope this helps. I was just banded on 1/28/10.

I was fortunate to not have that bad of the gas pains. I am still struggling with lack of energy though. I was banded 9 days ago. I have lost 7lbs since then though. Hang in there.

I had both the Lap Band and the repair to a hernia. I took my pain meds for 3 days. It did help. I also walked the neighborhood with my daughters...slowly of course...but it helps. But allow time inbetween to rest. Be good to yourself. Have some tea!! Best wishes and you'll feel better soon.

I had bad gas pain for the first 3 days. Hours and hours using the heating pad is what helped me.

I was banded on 1/21/10. I also felt horrible - much worse than I expected....extreme nausea so bad that I couldn't even tolerate the anti-nausea pills, BAD gas pain in left shoulder and general yuckiness. 3 pieces of advice for you - walk as much as possible, drink plenty of Water and take your pain meds exactly as your doc prescribed (every 4-6 hours). I did none of the above for the first 2 days and made myself feel even worse. My nausea was so bad, I didn't drink and I came VERY close to having to go back to the hospital for dehydration. The gas-x strips didn't seem to help much but they are worth a try....the moving around is the key to moving the gas. Try to get some Liquid Protein in but concentrate on keeping hydrated. It took me 6 days to feel semi-"normal" again. Hang in there....I'm 3 weeks out and feeling almost like my old self.

HI Belle,

I was banded yesterday the 12th. I also had the hernia repair, OUCH!! I have all of the same pains and issues as you do, and get a lot of relief from my pain meds. I hope to get outside to walk a little today, because the gas is setting in!! I am also unable to pee - i feel like I could pop, but just a tiny little drip!! We will get through this!!

Lauryn

I was fortunate to not have that bad of the gas pains. I am still struggling with lack of energy though. I was banded 9 days ago. I have lost 7lbs since then though. Hang in there.

I am in Ormond Beach, FL. Not too far from you! I am being banded on 3/24 and cannot wait. I hope I follow your lead and do not have such bad gas pains!