Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a Buddy

Hi,

My lap band is new, got is 10/25. Can't believe I did it, but I'm really happy.

I work from home, and have time to do some running around, anyone from Brooklyn or nearby that wants to get out more. Willing to do exercize, take a walk, just have some friendly conversation.

Question: Do we really need to drink 64 ounces a Water a day, or is that more for the Bypass people? I don't mind, however, some times I just feel there is not enough hours, between eating and drinking. My day goes so fast.

Would also like to know how to make the Lap Band experience the best. Should you stay on mushy food longer, will that increase your initial weight loss. My first posp op is 11/9.

Things I've noticed, my watch turned around, my wrist first thing to get smaller. My feel are not swelling. All this little stuff is great. My rings a rolling around as well.

Thanks for listening. By the way, maybe I'm dumb!!! But that little weight ruler at the bottom of the posts, what do the lines represent, weeks, months LOL DA!

Regards,

Barbara

Welcome Barbara! Click on anyone's Ticker picture and it will take you to the website where you can pick your ticker. You make it however you want, but it usually measures the weight...20 pounds gone, 80 to go...that type of thing.

Great NSVs!!!

You should stay on mushies until your doc tells you to move to more solid foods. And mushie foods are foods to avoid once you are past the healing phase (6 weeks or so). You get fuller faster and stay fuller longer on well-chewed solid protiens and veggies, with no liquids during your meal and for about an hour after.

I still eat some mushies though. Guacamole...yummy. Anyhow, follow your doc's diet plan. And yes, try to drink your 64 ounces of Water but you were only banded a week ago?!! Hello! Take your time getting up to 64 ounces a day. Drink as much as you can and make that Water a big priority, but if it's not up there yet, it will be later. Take it easy! hehe. Glad you are having a great recovery.

Welcome to LBT!

Hi Barbara,

I was banded 3 weeks ago today (can't believe it's been 3 weeks already) so I'm a beginner like you! We can trade tips together. I'm on soft solids now and do not feel any restriction so the 64 oz of Water has been suprisingly easy for me so far (as I type and sip). For me I just need to remember to drink it! My trick - as soon as get into the office I fill (2) 33 oz bottles of Water first thing in the morning and I make myself finish both bottles by the end of the day. That way any I have at home is extra.

Nothing is loose on me yet since I was barely fitting into my clothes pre-surgery. Now I can just comfortably fit into them. I can't wait until clothes and rings are falling off me!

I finally figured out how to place the ticker as long as it keeps moving I'll keep it there! The trick is to copy and past the right link - for the vbulletin link. Now if I can figure out to paste smilies the right way I'll be good!

Hope your recovery keeps going well. Where did you have your surgery?

Hi Zan,

I had my surgery and Lenox Hill, Dr. Kurian. They really did an excellent job. I was so impressed with the operating room. I never saw a table that looked like a person, arms and legs, with soft white pillow padding. Then I was out, and then in recovery.

I work from home, and now, I wake up early with so much more energy.

Nice Chatting.

If you would like, you can join my msn group http://CaringforElderlyFamilyMembers@groups.msn.com the group has a chat room, I can chat their any time. I will approve you. Regards, Barbara

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the reply. I have no problem with the Water. I dilute everything I drink, so if I have tea 30 minutes after my Cereal (cream of wheat) I add 16oz of Water. Today, I made instant coffee, use a 16 oz cup. When I woke up early 8:30 I drink whatever is left over in my water bottle from the night before. I fill a 33oz bottle at least 3 times a day.

I'm not sure if I have restriction. I have been following the diet, not very hungry. If I eat to fast, how long does it take to eat cream of wheat, no chewing. Sometimes, I burp. It seems I feel fullness when I stand up. Not so much when I'm sitting LOL.

I went to my Internist yesterday, he took me off Blood Pressure Medicine. Down 13 pounds by his record. I asked the surgeon if I could take a bath, she told me to wait till I see her on 11/9. I would like to be down 15 or more pounds. I know this initial weight loss might be the biggest.

I think my body is starting to adjust. I'm not using the Carnation Instant Breakfast anymore. I am having enough Protein, and I add some Protein powder to my diet hot cocoa which has less calories(25) and less sugar. I use 1 cup water, 1 pack diet hot cocoa, 1/2 cup FF milk and some crushed ice. Try to make at least 16 ouces whenever I drink.

Have a great day.

Barb

I'm a Libra, and I sing (off key) and I'm a Jersey girl. We can be long distance buds. My family is 12 miles from Manhattan, so maybe we'll even meet one day :)

Hi DeLarla,

Of course you are a Libra and sing, we all have creative abilities. I got my lap band 10/25. I can't tell you how good I feel. No more blood pressure med, no more swelling in the ankles. Now I have my post op with Dr. Kurian on 11/9. Hope the scale is friendly, but that is not my barometer. I saw my interist, I was down 13 pounds. So until I go to surgeon, I'm not getting on a scale, just doing my best and drinking.

I have learned some really useful stuff lately, like don't expect to feel restriction. I just have not be real hungry, and a little seems to hold me, so why push it. I was waiting for pain or something. When I finish eating and stand up, I feel full, not when I'm sitting. LOL But if I go too fast, and it is hard to eat mushy stuff slowly, I burp and no I have had enough. I could deal with this for a few months. I guess I am just very motivated. Doing my best, my visual of this little stomach and the respect I have for it is most important. After all I committed so as long as I can I will follow the diet as they tell me. I'm guessing when I start to eat whole food, like chicken and vegies, I might feel a little different. I am very sensitive to my body and just about everything around me, so I look for the smallest thing.

My sister is in Dumont, NJ and my son is in Jersey City. So maybe we can meet. I too have a website and a passion. http://CaringforElderlyFamilyMembers@groups.msn.com I am an Advocate for Seniors become emplowered as Director of Elderly Security Programs. Plus my mom is 82 and step dad 91, mil is 83. So issues of aging and assisting aging parents involve all of us.

My group now has 180 members. I really work hard to promote the group. The members are from across the country and really help each other. I bring the best resources I can find to the group, to help them make better informed decisions. Your welcome to join. You can even print our a poster. As a Libra I am great of networking, so if I can do anything for you, let me know. I am happy to share.

Good Luck, Barbara