Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hypocrisy of Republicans/Conservatives

and soooooo Republican!

Phil, I know you have heard the Republican response to that, "I deserve better health care coverage than you because I work harder than you do. People who work hard, get ahead and deserve to pay less taxes and have more perks."

Where to put Obama's picture

George Washington, our nation's first president and leader of the American Revolution! us_dollar_front.gif

Abe Lincoln, honorable leader pulled our nation through its darkest time! FiveDollarBill.24573313_std.JPG

Alexander Hamilton, founding father, first secretary of the treasure and leader of the constitutional convention! 10_dollar_bill.jpg

Andrew Jackson, "Old Hickory " fought the British in New Orleans ! TwentyDollarBill.jpg

Ulysses Grant, Union army general, lead the North through the Civil War! TwentyDollarBill.jpg

Finally, we have someone to put on the food stamp!!!!!!! obama-food-coupon.jpg

More people will see it here more than any other place so it is appropriate.

Patty - you should have posted that Obama bashing post on the Obama thread, but since you posted it here, I will ask you: Whose picture was on food stamps when you used them?

Edited by Cleo's Mom

phil: They don't want to open up that can of worms that will only serve to cloud the debate further. That would be playing into their hands.

The Republicans have only criticized (and without merit) ridiculed and made outlandish claims in the heath care debate. None has come up with a better plan. None has put forth something viable that we can seriously consider. They're obstructionists at the expense of middle class Americans.

They should be ignored and the people who do care about America should get on with fixing this mess.

Once again the racist right speaks, white people pictures go on money, black people pictures go on food stamps.

It seems likely that the poster doesn't understand the obvious bigotry of the cartoon. To some of us that seems almost unimaginable, but to some people who have a deeply ingrained racial bias, they are not even aware that they are bigots. In fact, some will even tell you that they have friends who are black. Or family members... proving that they aren't biased, right?

Pres. Obama's picture on food stamps implies many things:

1) those who voted for Obama are on food stamps

2) Pres. Obama has increased the numbers on food stamps

3) black people are on food stamps to a greater degree than white people.

The truth of the matter is that more white people are on welfare than black people. And since the unemployment has risen, the need for food stamps has risen, too. Many hard working families are now depending on food stamps to feed their family and keep their kids from going hungry.

I fail to find the humor in that situation, but remember, the right wingers claim they aren't mean spiritied or cold hearted or hateful. However, I think this post proves that they are. :smile2:

Patty - you should have posted that Obama bashing post on the Obama thread, but since you posted it here, I will ask you: Whose picture was on food stamps when you used them?

I can't remember, cause it was 30 years ago. Did you know that back then, when you got assistance, you HAD to pay it back when you got back on your feet? My husband and I paid it all back. That's the differnce between then and now.

patty, that is a highly offensive cartoon. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I'm not. Cartoons often show the truth about situations in a funny way. Obama is the kind of President who promotes welfare, giveaways, handouts and dependency on the government instead of free enterprise, working hard and earning a living for oneself. Sorry if the truth offends. BTW, that post had NOTHING to do with black or white skin color. I can see that you must be a racist because it came to your mind when you saw it, when it clearly depicts Obama as one who promotes government welfare.

Edited by pattygreen

Once again the racist right speaks, white people pictures go on money, black people pictures go on food stamps.

How immature! I could care less if Obama were Purple! He'd be a purple president on a foodstamp!

You democrats really "NEED" to have that as a reason for why we are not in favor of Obama's policies. I guess it helps you feel better. If it were true, it would be great for your side. iIt would make all the right look really bad for being upset with a president simply because of his skin color. Oh well.

Did you know that Obama is a black and white man? He represents ALL Americans, both the black and the white ones, as far as color is concerned. You need to get over that.

You know, the right has always been against the left. Why is it any different now? Is it cause NOW the left has a 'black' man representing them? No. It's because the left has a wacked out way of thinking, and always has.

I'm not. Cartoons often show the truth about situations in a funny way. Obama is the kind of President who promotes welfare, giveaways, handouts and dependency on the government instead of free enterprise, working hard and earning a living for oneself. Sorry if the truth offends.

Please provide video links where Pres. Obama says that he wants more people to go on welfare, line up for giveaways and handouts (btw, what are these free giveaways and handouts, because I might want to get in line? :smile2:), and where he says that he doesn't want people working or starting up new businesses or going to school/college or becoming better educated and earning a living.

Pres. Obama's picture on food stamps implies many things:

Yeah, it sure does, like he's a president who promotes giveaways, welfare, handouts, free gifts from the government for those who don't want to work.

1) those who voted for Obama are on food stamps

2) Pres. Obama has increased the numbers on food stamps

3) black people are on food stamps to a greater degree than white people.

That cartoon doesn't suggest any of those points. Only to someone like you who can't think outside of race. I saw that cartoon, and the color of Obama was not even an issue to me when I saw it. I knew right away that the cartoon reflected a president who likes to give away our hard earned money to those who don't work. You on the other hand just HAD to see it as a racial dig. That shows me how hooked you are on the color of peoples skin. Too bad for you. I feel sorry for you.

The truth of the matter is that more white people are on welfare than black people. And since the unemployment has risen, the need for food stamps has risen, too. Many hard working families are now depending on food stamps to feed their family and keep their kids from going hungry.

I fail to find the humor in that situation, but remember, the right wingers claim they aren't mean spiritied or cold hearted or hateful. However, I think this post proves that they are. :smile2:

Please provide video links where Pres. Obama says that he wants more people to go on welfare, line up for giveaways and handouts (btw, what are these free giveaways and handouts, because I might want to get in line? :smile2:), and where he says that he doesn't want people working or starting up new businesses or going to school/college or becoming better educated and earning a living.

He doesn't have to come out and say it. His agenda makes it clear that that is what he supports. His spending sprees (giveaways), his HC plan, his free tax credits for homebuyers and college, cash for clunkers, and I could go on and on with his free gifts at our expense.