Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hypocrisy of Republicans/Conservatives

Patty,

I am confused about your link for Born Again American. When you click on the "take the next step" tab and then click on the "People for the American Way" on the bottom right they have this under the "Take Action" tab.

Tell President Obama: End the discriminatory policy of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" by repealing it in this year's defense budget.

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is not just job discrimination, it's discrimination against patriotic Americans who are willing to make incredible sacrifice in the defense our nation. Further, the policy weakens our country, both symbolically -- by undermining our core values -- AND in a very direct way -- by undermining the strength of our armed forces. The time has come to end it.

Dump DOMA

It's time for some real change we can believe in. It's time for the federal government to stop punishing loving same-sex couples. It's time to repeal DOMA (the Defense of Marriage Act). President-elect Obama says he supports the repeal. Take action right now to make sure Congress sends him the legislation.

and my personal favorite:

Tell Congress How to Restore Justice

Justice has been on vacation for eight long years. It needs to be restored. That means restoring checks and balances, accountability, transparency and the rule of law -- some of our most fundamental constitutional values that have been stepped on and undermined by the previous administration. People For has a new Campaign to Restore Justice and a three-point petition to congressional leaders.

So you support an organization that supports same-sex marriage and the repeal of don't ask, don't tell? I have my doubts but if you do I am impressed.

Patty,

I am confused about your link for Born Again American. When you click on the "take the next step" tab and then click on the "People for the American Way" on the bottom right they have this under the "Take Action" tab.

Tell President Obama: End the discriminatory policy of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" by repealing it in this year's defense budget.

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is not just job discrimination, it's discrimination against patriotic Americans who are willing to make incredible sacrifice in the defense our nation. Further, the policy weakens our country, both symbolically -- by undermining our core values -- AND in a very direct way -- by undermining the strength of our armed forces. The time has come to end it.

Dump DOMA

It's time for some real change we can believe in. It's time for the federal government to stop punishing loving same-sex couples. It's time to repeal DOMA (the Defense of Marriage Act). President-elect Obama says he supports the repeal. Take action right now to make sure Congress sends him the legislation.

and my personal favorite:

Tell Congress How to Restore Justice

Justice has been on vacation for eight long years. It needs to be restored. That means restoring checks and balances, accountability, transparency and the rule of law -- some of our most fundamental constitutional values that have been stepped on and undermined by the previous administration. People For has a new Campaign to Restore Justice and a three-point petition to congressional leaders.

So you support an organization that supports same-sex marriage and the repeal of don't ask, don't tell? I have my doubts but if you do I am impressed.

I didn't read any of those things on the site. I just liked the song. I don't support same sex marriage or gays in the military.

Hmmm, let me see if I got that right.......I don`t support Same Sex Marriage, (so don`t marry someone of your own gender) thats a no "brainer", and I don`t support Gay (men or women) serving in the Military, cause a Fag or Lesbian might play grab ass with an unsuspecting G-D fearing Christian. You know, since they don`t breed an have unwanted children, they have to (turn str8 people around) to their "ways"! LMAO

The emails that were found by those computer hackers about global warming showed a pattern of suppression, manipulation and secrecy that was inspired for profit. They removed data that disputes the claims that global warming and the danger that comes with it is upon us. They reveal the shameful distortion of the truth by scientists who are supposed to search for the truth. This is one of the reasons why I don't put my faith in Science and I put it in God instead. He never lies. The science on warming is not 'settled' as some so called experts claim, because those emails 'unsettled' them. Liberal liars!

Story Updated. From dailykos

Republicans Furious Over Scott Brown Jobs Vote

Staying above the fray is harder than it used to be. At one time taking a vote here and there with the opposition party while making token gestures to satisfy your base might have been a viable strategy for representatives looking to maintain their popularity in challenging electoral environments. And back in the day of the printed press, it was likely such stories would land in the local paper but not in the national news. In today's internets news cycle, however, people notice this sh*t.

Hence, where Arlen Specter or Olympia Snowe once might have been able to take a routine vote with the Democrats and have it fly beneath the radar, today Scott Brown was exposed to the full, insane wrath of the tea-bagging right wing base.

Over at fair n' balanced FoxNews.com, which for some reason seems to have far more Republican commenters than Democrats, the people were not happy.

What can Brown, the backstabbing RINO, do for you? Wolf in sheep skin got in. How do we prevent these Rinos from backstabbing us in Nov. 2010.

So much for that 41st VOTE... what a loser... I knew he was a traitor....

Or at FreeRepublic:

TRAITOR

HE IS A BIGIME RINO

WOULD THE LIBRERAL PEOPLE OF MASSACHUSETTS ELECT ANYTHING ELSE?

I UNDERSTAND HE IS ALSO BIG ON ABORTION.

Looks like the CAPS LOCK is big over there.

Or my favorite:

The Senator has no clothes. Again.

Drudge even went so far as to Photoshop Brown to make him look like Satan, and implied that this one vote meant that he "joined the Dem Majority:"

The teapartiers are unhappy. Boo hoo. Well, maybe he can redeem himself by voting no on everything else. That should make them feel better.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Global Warming is a Liberal Hoax....RIGHT! Check the status of the melting polar ice caps or better yet, survey the Polar Bear population as their numbers continue to deplete as they drown due to lack of ice cover to fish from . Because the Mid-Atlantic states got hammered this winter with unusual snow fall,(instead) of Northern New England and Canada only proves that the "MOISTURE" content of the Cold Air shifted further Southward this winter and nothing else. Don`t believe the Liberal Press, put your trust in Big Oil, Big (clean) Coal, and Big Business. They have the Environment and the Public Good first and foremost at heart......for certain, NOT PROFITS for themselves and shareholders. Man can`t change weather by carbon emissions anyway, G-D controls the environment and punishes the immoral according to Pat Robertson as he proved last month in Haiti!

Well what can you expect from the state of Mass, those losers! That's what they get for electing somebody who would pose nude. Hath the man no shame? No sense of responsibility to all those Democrat, er Republicans, who voted for him?

Those angry tea baggers (incited by Foxnon-news) will soon put the pressure on him and get him in line. They are so intelligent and powerful and have such good intentions, he won't be able to resist their influence. I mean, hasn't he even heard a Palin speech? What IS he thinking?

phil your last post, above, is your most impressive yet. I love the part about corporations' desire to save the planet. Spew my drink out my nose.

Scott Brown needs Sarah to lend him a felt tipped Magic Marker pen so he can write some talking points unto the palm of his hand. Maybe, he would`nt have voted incorrectly on the recent Bill which he and 4 other Republicans broke ranks and voted with the Democrats. Here comes the Tea Bags, hope he knows how to duck.

At least CT I`m sure voted the Right way! I know most state that In God We Trust......for me, In Joe Lieberman I Trust!

Well what can you expect from the state of Mass, those losers! That's what they get for electing somebody who would pose nude. Hath the man no shame? No sense of responsibility to all those Democrat, er Republicans, who voted for him?

He posed nude over 20 years ago when he was in his 20's. Are you trying to say that people don't mature and change in a few decades of time? Come on. Isn't there anything 'real' that you could pin on him for your hatred towards him. or isn't it true it's just because he's not a bad guy and he's not a democrat?

Those angry tea baggers (incited by Foxnon-news) will soon put the pressure on him and get him in line. They are so intelligent and powerful and have such good intentions, he won't be able to resist their influence. I mean, hasn't he even heard a Palin speech? What IS he thinking?

patty: "He posed nude over 20 years ago when he was in his 20's. Are you trying to say that people don't mature and change in a few decades of time? Come on. Isn't there anything 'real' that you could pin on him for your hatred towards him. or isn't it true it's just because he's not a bad guy and he's not a democrat?"

What's this preoccupation you have with hate?

I have no hard feelings at all toward the man. I certainly do not hate him. In fact, I have a feeling that the Democrats might have use for the guy.

I was being sarcastic. I was saying what I figured the Republicans are saying about him. If he votes his conscience, and indeed actually has one, that will be a good thing. And it hardly incites hatred. Except perhaps in the hearts and minds of Republicans.

The only hate (I) harbor is towards intolerant imbeciles who despite being shown concrete evidence on a subject backed up by volumes of scientific and proven data will respond after reading or viewing such matter with the following comment, well...."I never heard of such a thing" or The Bible states otherwise, (as if volume # 1 was actually written by G-D himself on the palm of his hand) and later transposed in book form or my absolute favorite...G-D said it, I believe it, and that settles it! Yaaah Hoooo!

patty: "He posed nude over 20 years ago when he was in his 20's. Are you trying to say that people don't mature and change in a few decades of time? Come on. Isn't there anything 'real' that you could pin on him for your hatred towards him. or isn't it true it's just because he's not a bad guy and he's not a democrat?"

What's this preoccupation you have with hate?

I certainly don't believe that anyone who disagrees with someones policies or makes fun of someone because he is the opposition (rep. vs. dem.), 'hates' them. I only used that word because in the past whenever I expressed my disagreement with a politician on an issue, I was told that I was a "hater" and/or a "bigot" on these forums. I was just reciprocating what is done around here to show others how wrong it is. I am glad that you picked up on it and now maybe others can see that it's NOT 'hate' or 'racisim' or 'bigotry' that moves us, but simply the persons agenda or beliefs or political stand that we don't like or approve of.

I have no hard feelings at all toward the man. I certainly do not hate him. In fact, I have a feeling that the Democrats might have use for the guy.

I was being sarcastic. I was saying what I figured the Republicans are saying about him. If he votes his conscience, and indeed actually has one, that will be a good thing. And it hardly incites hatred. Except perhaps in the hearts and minds of Republicans.