Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite fast food items

I can usually only eat 1/2 of a small wendy's chili, unless it is really runny that day. It is a good source of Protein. I go to Wendy's at least once a week. In fact, that is what I had for lunch today. I can not eat baked potatoes, rice, chicken tenders, burritos, sandwiches, pizza, Pasta, chips.......... The only thing I can stand from McDonalds is coffee, but have not tried the yogurt there yet.

On my lunch break when I don't pack something, I have been going to the grocery store deli where they have hot Soup.< /p>

Edited by Humming Bird

Oooooohhh! I love PF Changs!!!!

Veggie Lettuce Wraps! Budha's Feast! Hot and Sour Soup! Mu Shu Pork! Lo Mein! :thumbup:

Oh man, I'm hungry!

My hubby works for P.F. Chang's Corporate in their IT dept. He wrote the online ordering system for Pei Wei (which is the fast food version of P.F. Chang's). My favorite band friendly items at Pei Wei are the hot and sour Soup (28 grams of Protein per serving!), lettuce wraps, and chopped chicken salad. Mmmmmmmm.... so good! My favorite at P.F. Chang's is the sea bass. Granted, many of the items at either place are too high calorie to be considered good on any diet. But, if you take the time to check the nutritional info ahead of time, there are also a lot of great choices. :rolleyes2:

Wendy's triggers my migranes so I stay away from that at all costs. I have to say PF Changes and Pei Wei have some great choices. I have not had Mcdonalds, burger king, etc. for well over a year so I sure don't miss it!

My hubby works for P.F. Chang's Corporate in their IT dept. He wrote the online ordering system for Pei Wei (which is the fast food version of P.F. Chang's). My favorite band friendly items at Pei Wei are the hot and sour Soup (28 grams of Protein per serving!), lettuce wraps, and chopped chicken salad. Mmmmmmmm.... so good! My favorite at P.F. Chang's is the sea bass. Granted, many of the items at either place are too high calorie to be considered good on any diet. But, if you take the time to check the nutritional info ahead of time, there are also a lot of great choices. :thumbup:

DAG!!! I got all excited about 'Pei Wei' as I'd never heard of them...none within 150 miles of us in Pittsburgh (and the PF Changs is about 40 min. south east of us on the Waterfront, so no one from our area goes very often). Tell DH to put in a word for us...they need one on the North side of Pittsburgh in Cranberry (fasted growing section of the burbs). Thanks for the menu suggestions though...I saw the lettuce wraps at the next table last time we were there, but I'd forgotten about them. We're going tomorrow with a couple who don't know about my LB, so I'm always nervous about eating out and getting stuck!

I dont eat meat but I LOVE the eggplant tofu thing at Panda Express. Also the rangoons.I also eat the chow mein when I want to be little bad since theres not much protein...but the calories are pretty good. I try to avoid McDonalds (hideous stories of animal cruelty that would make you cry) but I have snagged a filet o fish when I am on a long roadtrip! Any bean thing from taco bell is ok.

My hubby works for P.F. Chang's Corporate in their IT dept. He wrote the online ordering system for Pei Wei (which is the fast food version of P.F. Chang's). My favorite band friendly items at Pei Wei are the hot and sour Soup (28 grams of Protein per serving!), lettuce wraps, and chopped chicken salad. Mmmmmmmm.... so good! My favorite at P.F. Chang's is the sea bass. Granted, many of the items at either place are too high calorie to be considered good on any diet. But, if you take the time to check the nutritional info ahead of time, there are also a lot of great choices. :scared2:

Adagray,

I have never heard of Pei Wei! Must go look for one!! OMG!!! 7 miles away! Ok...Just what I needed to find, a new restaurant! hee hee :crying:

Hubby and I always share, so that helps the calorie count. He is totally addicted to veggie lettuce wraps, and rarely strays from that choice. He helps me finish whatever I choose though, what a guy! :eek:

mmm when i need to get some fast food - i like to order a salad from carl's jr. i really like them. of course sometimes i would like to eat a cheeseburger with fries, but it is definitely a no no.

Between my 3rd and 5th fills, I could tolerate just about any kid's meal from any fast food place. Since my 5th fill, I have found that fries are difficult for me (not a bad thing though). I really cant tolerate any bread of any kind either. I am in love with egg drop Soup from any chinese restaurant and Wendy's chili is great w/ a little bit of cheese mixed in. When I go out to eat now, I find myself gravitating towards a baked potato, soup, or salad w/ meat. I can't believe how the band has changed my eating habits and my cravings!!

I rarely eat out anymore but when I do, it's our local Chinese place. I usually eat Hot & Sour Soup and grilled Salmon with steamed veggies. It's not what I want to eat but it's what I do eat.

Oh, and after a fill, Jamba juice, strawberries and banana with a Protein shot! Yummy.

OMG I love Jamba juice Strawberries and banana with Protein what I would like to know is why can't I find a Protein powder that tastes like theirs??? I know its whey protein but I have tried them all and nothing compares...

OMG I love Jamba juice Strawberries and banana with Protein what I would like to know is why can't I find a Protein Powder that tastes like theirs??? I know its whey Protein but I have tried them all and nothing compares...

I wonder if they'd sell a little bit on the side! :thumbdown: Probably not, and it is probably patented or copyrighted or proprietary or whatever they call it. Gee, they could probably make even more money if they packaged it and sold it as a supplement.

I don't go to Jamba juice very often, as my surgeon doesn't wanting me drinking my calories. And we know those smoothies are far from low calorie, but they are a yummy treat once in a great while!

Ok, now I am Jonesin' for Jamba!