Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite fast food items

I had rarely eaten out let alone fast food but since I am sick DH offered to get me dinner tonight. I know between meeting clients and the fact that DH will probably do the same tomorrow foodwise I need some suggestions.

I ended up with taco bell's pinto's and cheese and it really was quite filling and good. Other than than I do Protein Shakes from Robek's which I love.

What are some choice fast food choices that you make and that you would recommend to another bandster?

Wendy's Chili. Daphne's Gyro Sandwich. Rubios cheese Quesadilla (I eat about half). Or a bean and cheese burrito from just about anywhere usually goes down well.

I also eat dark meat chicken with the skin removed. Popeyes Red Beans and Rice is way yummy.

chicken sandwiches are OUT. Much Much too dry, as they are usually breast meat.< /p>

Oh, and after a fill, Jamba juice, strawberries and banana with a Protein shot! Yummy.

OK, I'm the first to admit I have many food vices, and I will even admit, I just took a huge spoonful of condensed milk out of the can (sheesh).

But fast food, I have grown to loathe. Muffins, cakes, biscuits, sugar and fat combined in any form, I love, but greasy food like Mcdonalds, or pizza ugh.

when offered a fast food dinner, I usually decline to eat at all. It honestly nauseates me. Many's the time I've stood in the food court at lunch time and given up and gone without. I just cant stomach pizza, for example, its awful and Mcdonalds I would never eat, apart from one or two bizarre cravings that have hit from time to time. We dont have mexican or anytging like that easily available, thats more a going out for dinner type food, and only very rarely can I tackle fish and chips, and only then if its down at the beach and fresh fish.

Its one vice I'm very glad to not even have to struggle with. I just open a can of Soup if the rest of the family is having that sort of thing.

My favorite is a baked potato from Wendy's with cheese and a side of applewood bacon. I can only eat the inside but it's cheap, healthy and filling...... Much needed Protein.< /p>

My favorite is Panda Express Green Bean chicken. It only had 160 calories for one serving.

Quiznos has a great broccoli/cheese Soup for about 140 cals for a cup of it - and it's very good. And I find that the bean burritos from Taco Bell are very filling.And if you aski for it fresco, they'll put pico de gallo in it and give you a little veggie boost too.

Marci

There are only two fast food choices I allow myself. One is a Taco Bell chicken quesadilla and the other is two chicken tenders and cole slaw from Chic-Fila. Everything else makes me sick to even think about. Sometimes even now I will go through Taco Bell or Chic-Fila, pay for my items open them up, look at them and throw them away. Horrible I know but somehow I think I want them and then when I look at them and smell them, I just can't eat them. I rarely eat fast food anymore or processed food. It just doesn't taste good to me.

My favorite is Panda Express Green Bean chicken. It only had 160 calories for one serving.

Panda Express has a kids meal and you can get veggies instead of rice/noodles. I am just worried about the MSG content, havent had confirmation that they use it but I suspect.

Starbucks Vivanno Protein drinks. I like the banana chocolate.

Pollo Campero has a grilled chicken with a side of Beans and fresh lime wedges I do sometimes, carefully.

I read on here where people were eating refried Beans and was eating them daily for a week and my weight loss stalled. So I dont eat them anymore.

Prior to my last fill...tacos from Taco Bell. Now ground beef gives me difficulty so it's a baked potato with broccoli and cheese from Wendy's.

I'm with Jachut though. Lately, when we've been out during mealtime and my husband asks if I want to eat at one of the fast food places, I decline. I'd rather go home and not waste my calories on something that's just way inferior to what I can make myself. If I'm just patient for half an hour, I can make a small baked potato with broccoli and cheese (and it's real cheese!) at home.

jachut-McDonalds's have two things I can tolerate. Their fruit and nut salad is great(I pick out the nuts), as is their yogurt Parfait.

Minimeme-I agree with you on the Beans. I ended up going to the store and getting fat free refried Beans. I think that has helped alot!

First choice would be Chinese stir fry with lots of meat/veggies. I also do the chili and refried Beans, but both of those are almost sliders for me and don't keep me full (fine for dinner if I'll be going to bed soon, but not for lunch). We're going out this weekend (PF Changs), not fast food, but always a great choice with the band.

First choice would be Chinese stir fry with lots of meat/veggies. I also do the chili and refried Beans, but both of those are almost sliders for me and don't keep me full (fine for dinner if I'll be going to bed soon, but not for lunch). We're going out this weekend (PF Changs), not fast food, but always a great choice with the band.

Oooooohhh! I love PF Changs!!!!

Veggie Lettuce Wraps! Budha's Feast! Hot and Sour Soup! Mu Shu Pork! Lo Mein! :rolleyes2:

Oh man, I'm hungry!