Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As I've been under an incredible amount of stress lately, I can totally relate to wanting to shovel the food in. It was actually only 2 days ago when it dawned on me what I was doing.

It had been a horrible day and I was told we wouldn't be getting our house, and the landlord stopped by, wanting me to sign a new lease. A lease requiring $5/day charge for everyday we're late paying our rent. (which hubby gets paid on Fridays, so we're not always exactly on "the day" it's due.

I was so upset over the 2 month battle I've fought, all I had endured, only to end up like this, at this exact spot. A bad spot.

So I found myself wanting to pile in a sandwich. I felt tight though upon that first bite. I tried harder with the second, then realized it just wasn't going to happen. I had to slow down, let the band do its thing.

One year out (almost) and still I try to pile it in, knowing that it won't work - That my great protector won't let it happen.

Thank God for my band!!!

Oh Whip, I'm soooo glad you are back, our poet laurate of LBT. Your words are ever graceful, with a simple phrase, a well placed pause, saying what I cannot, finding the words.

I'm so glad you are back! Your words are a song in my heart, even when those words are sad and full of pain, they are still a song.

I too am really happy you're back, Whippledaddy!! :mad:

Of all the profound things in your post, and there were many, this is what I like the best:

I wanted to share that having the band doesn't solve your problems, it gives you a breather to work on them yourself.

Yep.

Whipple you have an amazing way with words!!! I'm so glad your back!!!!! Your writting always brings tears to my eyes or a smile to my face. Thank you for sharing your wonderful inspiring self with us once again!!!

AFter reading "winterizing" I had to dig around and find some other posts! This one did not disappoint; in fact, it inspired. It explained. I miss food. I can't believe it is that simple! Thanks for the insight! Cindy

Hi Ryan. I was touched by your post. You have caused me to come out of hiding. Do you remember me? I have been lurking when I can . I have wondered where you have been and where Teresa and Darcy aer. I still see that Michele and Delara and Alex are all still around. And others I wonder about also. I have been banded for over a year and lost over 50lbs and got doen to 198lbs. But three weeks ago I started eating like pre band days. I am back on track now but am afraid to get on the scales to see the damage, I feel the damag of a 3 week pig out. Anyway I loved your post. Great to hear from you, Thanks Janie :mad:

Yes, Mouse it does sound simple. But when the house is quiet, and the family is walking the fields of dreamland, and there is no one but yourself to see the sin, then it seems so very complicated.

And that voice inside is like a persistant salesman, deflecting all resistance and making it feel like a midnight snack is the most important thing in the world. Some cocoa, or some toast, or both. chips. Cookies.

If I can remember that this is the insidious voice of my addiction, and not the soothing voice of reason I seem to hear, then I can fight.

Thanks for looking up my posts. That is a very flattering thing.

Janie!!!!!!!! Janie's here!!!!!!! I missed you kid!!!!

Don't worry about slipping. A three week binge beats the life long binge you were on before you got banded, eh?

We all slip. We are all human. We admitted we were powerless and got some help. Only the very strong can admit their weaknesses.

Congrats on coming out of hiding.

Wow. Not only wise, but poetic in the mix. Great post. Thanks so much for coming back to share. Your weight loss is inspiring and your delivery is beautiful.

Irene

Ryan! How did you know I (used to?) to get up and eat when everyone else is asleep? It is amazing that we all share such similar circumstances, and it is comforting, too. The whole subject of addiction is interesting, and relevant. Thanks goodness you popped back in! Cindy

I can't really add to what anyone else has said. It's just really wonderful the words you find to express this stuff that is so common to all of us.