Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys! So I'm in limbo right now between fills. I have been getting hungry often and can eat way to much. I have a fill scheduled but until then I am going to start using Full Bars. I bought a big box from costco. Anyone try these? Good results? Love your feedback

i was wondering about these myself..interested in any responses

ErinR: I was busy reading the posts and scrolled down your post when the skull jump up in my face and scared the dickens out of me. I'm sure it helped me lost at least a ounce or two!

I tried them. They were a waste of money in my opinion. Didn't make me feel full at all.

I heard the commercial on these, thought briefly about it then worried about my band. The premise is you eat one of these and drink a glass of Water with it, it then expands to fill your stomach. Is expanding food and water really good for your band/pouch?

I bought some of the FULL bars --- they are suppose to give you a FULL feeling making you actually eat less at a meal. They haven't worked for me --- I am trying to get rid of them at work. They appear/taste like Puffed Wheat.

I would think that these would be BAD for us with such small poutches now. They are supposed to be for a regualr stomach.

ErinR: I was busy reading the posts and scrolled down your post when the skull jump up in my face and scared the dickens out of me. I'm sure it helped me lost at least a ounce or two!

lol sorry bout that :rolleyes2:

I tried them pre-band - they did nothing for me - except make me consume 100+ (can't remember the calorie count) extra calories. I would think that it's not good with the band because it's not really Protein and is just wasting space in your stomach so I can't imagine you'd stay full longer - and if you eat after having one, it's just that much less room for the type of stuff you should be eating that will keep you full (protein)

When I am really hungry, I like the Muscle Milk light bars from GNC. They taste really good and have 15g of Protein.< /p>

I too bought some from costco and wasn't happy with them...They didn't do much...You may want to be careful when using them with the band..even though you haven't had a fill you do still have a lil restriction in your stomach whether you can feel it or not...I didn't realize i had any restriction in my stomach before i got any fills and i had a situation with chicken so just use caution....I did find a fake full bar recipe if anyone is interested....

"Fake Full Bar" Recipe

Ingredients:

1/4 cup coconut oil

3/4 cup brown rice Syrup or agave syrup (from the health food store)

3/4 cup honey

1 teaspoon cocoa (optional)

1 teaspoon vanilla

8 cups puffed wheat Cereal (from the health food store)

Directions:

Measure your cereal into a large bowl. The bowl needs to be big enough so you can easily mix the syrup into the cereal.

Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan. The syrup will bubble up a lot, so use a pan that has plenty of room.

Add the brown rice syrup and honey, (and cocoa if you're using it), bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes.

Remove from heat. Add vanilla and pour syrup over puffed wheat cereal.

Mix well. Press into a greased 9X12 inch cake pan.

Press down on the mixture so it will all stick together. Cover with plastic wrap and cool completely.

Cut into 24 squares. Each square will have approximately 147 calories.

For variety, you can add up to 1 cup of any of the following in place of an equal amount of cereal. Most of these changes will increase the number of calories:

Raisins or currants

Dried cranberries and walnuts

Shredded coconut

Chopped dates

Sunflower seeds

Chopped apples and walnuts or pecans

Chopped peanuts or Peanut Butter