Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question..I have been banded for 7 1/2 weeks now. When I suck my gut in....where I know my stomach and band are still protrude quite a bit (swollen still???). If I bend over at the waist it feels like there is something there. Now for the last few days I have been getting the feeling of twitches or muscle spasms there. They aren't painful-just annoying. Anyone else experience this and am I ok?:thumbup:

Really no one??

It sounds as though you're feeling your port. It does tug and pull quite a lot, and is palpable beneath the skin.

I'm out about the same distance as you (Dec. 16) and it's only been the last week that I don't have pain in my left upper quadrant (stomach area) if I take a deep breath or bend/stretch/etc. It wasn't a bad pain, just a friendly reminder of what I'd been through. My port is way over on the right and is an entirely different feeling, sore and achy if I over do it or bump it, etc...best advice, if you're concerned about it ask your doc...

I have no pain at all anymore (Dec. 16th too). If it continues call the doc. Best wishes!

Yes, I too was banded in Dec and I have the same things - a sticky-out area from under my boobs to my waistline.

If I bend over I don't stay down too long, feels as if there is something in the way. I also sometimes have a twitching and a pulling sensation. It is not painful just there.

I don't have any spasms, but I've developed a pain in my abs that runs from my port area down to my groin. I don't know if I slept wrong, or what but when I got out of bed this past Friday morning, I felt it and have been walking kind of hunched over and guarded since, almost like I was in the couple of weeks after surgery. I hadn't had any problems with pain for several weeks until now. I have a appt with my PCP just for a check up in the morning so I'll ask her, but I don't go see my surgeon until the 19th. I hope it's nothing serious!

Viv--So happy someone can relate! It is a weird sensation. It's not pain--but like you said there is something there and in the way and it sticks out alot! The little twitches are starting to worry me too. Maybe I should call and ask tomorrow. I am sure I am just being my usual worry wart!

I had the muscle spasms in my back the first couple of weeks because I could not lay on my right side . . .now it seems they are gone but I have had pain on the right side of my port directly at rib cage - almost feels like a muscle pull - sometimes when I take a deep breath it is like getting a "stitch" in my side. . . .weird stuff. I go for my first fill tomorrow (yipeee). I was banded 1/11/10.

I think sometimes we just don't realize because the incisions are small that the surgery wasn't "much" - we must not forget this is a major things we have done to our bodies and just because you can't see it doesn't mean you are healed just yet.

Good luck.