Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I too tight?

I just had another fill yesterday adding .5 cc to my 4cc band making it 2.3cc. In the almost year I've had the band, I've never been restricted so I'm not quite sure what to expect. After the fill yesterday, I was able to drink a cup of coffee, but when I tried to eat some hummus, I started feeling all gurgly (like when you drink soda or beer too fast). Then later I tried some Tomato Soup, and it went down like molasses. This morning, even after a cup of warm Water (which went down slowly), I couldn't get down more than 1/4 cup of rm temp water. at lunch, i tried a Protein Drink, and it took 15 minutes to drink and I got that gurgly feeling again. Just now, I tried some turkey breast, it took 45 minutes to finish 2 thin slices and I'm feeling a bit slimy.

I can barely drink water, and even warm liquids are like molasses down my throat. Should I get an unfill? or is this what restriction feels like? I'm scared to try and eat anything else and i am super thirsty right now.

what should i do?

I am 5 weeks post op. Had my 1st fill nothing changed could still eat anything. Had my 2nd fill on 2/2. Here's my dilemma. I am having trouble eating most stuff. I'm trying to determine the difference between being stuck and having restriction.

So, at first bite of chicken (size of dime chewed a lot) I am still getting stuck. So obviously this does not mean restriction because it's my first bite. So in my trial and error testing I found I could eat Chili. So last night I wanted to see if I ate a cup of chili would I get full. I didn't. It seemed as though I could have eaten three cups.

So, today I tried eating a piece of chicken again and each piece got stuck. So it's taking me an hour to eat a piece of chicken, but I never seem to get full. Maybe because it takes me so long to eat it or maybe because there is no restriction.

So my question is there really seems to be no restriction but everything is getting stuck. I feel like I need another fill so I can have restriction but with another fill Im not sure I could eat anything.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

Babe,

for the fill that got me to my sweet spot, I had a similar thing happen. I called my Dr's office and they told me I needed to be on liquids only for a couple of days to let things settle. As you approach restriction, the swelling associated with getting a fill will have much more of an impact that earlier fills.

After 3 days of liquids, it settled, and I was tight, but I could eat again (albeit very slowly and softer foods).

Go back to Clear Liquids for a day, then full iquids for another day, then pureed foods for the 3rd day. If by day 4 you're still struggling to get liquids down, your Dr may be the best person to speak to.

thanks lellow!

i'm a bit looser today, but not much. I can't eat anything much till late afternoon/evening. i'm trying to eat broccoli right now, and i think i'll manage half a cup at best. i'm going to email my fill doc and see what he says.

Good advise from lellow.

Babe, you may be at your sweet spot. It may even take a week of liquid, then soft. Proceed with caution .....

My last fill made me VERY VERY tight for a good 2 weeks.