Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok so the past few days i have not been abe to keep anything but liquids down. i have not had a fill for about six weeks. the first bite of anything and the pain begins.. hurts like my chest is being cut with a knife, then it comes right back up. i call the dr he said to do liquids for the next couple of days and he will call tommorrow to check on me. just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem or may know what it could be. thanks

it sounds like you could of slipped the band..get it checked out ASAP..

Sounds to me like you had a stuck episode and then kept trying to eat. A couple days of liquids will help a lot. Don't panic!! I don't think you have slipped but you must be swollen at least a little. You did the right thing calling your doc. By the way when you eat again, make it mushies and then add food gradually.... It will be fine.... Hugs!!!!

I agree that it could be a slip but hope not. My doc said the sign of a slip is that all of a sudden you can't keep food down. Follow your dr's instrucions. Best wishes.

thanks everyone for ur replys... My dr was suppose to call today and has not called yet. i have been able to eat dinner with no pain today.. last night while taking a hot bath i had this presurre pain in my chest then it hurt really bad for a second and then it was gone no more pain since. i know this sound odd but i really dont know how to describe it. I am just glad the pain is gone. I am calling the Dr agian first thing monday morning i still want them to check it out to be safe. i really dont like my Dr. and have set a appt up with a different dr but she cant see me till march so i am stuck with Dr Woodman till then. Thanks agian everyone.

I am wondering if you slipped a little and the pain you felt in the bath was things correcting themselves?

Please post what you find out.

My first thought was that you had a stuck episode and were swollen, but maybe not. Hope all is well!

Sounds good that you are switching docs.

update so i still have not been able to see the Dr. they did not have any opening till feb 15th and everytime I call they say he will get back with me but he never does. I am not sure if I want to keep this appt if since I am changing Dr. My new Dr Appt is march 3rdi think i am going to call her office and see if she can see me sooner. on the bright side I am keeping things down and have not had any pain. I still have not lost any more weight either....

update so i still have not been able to see the Dr. they did not have any opening till feb 15th and everytime I call they say he will get back with me but he never does. I am not sure if I want to keep this appt if since I am changing Dr. My new Dr Appt is march 3rdi think i am going to call her office and see if she can see me sooner. on the bright side I am keeping things down and have not had any pain. I still have not lost any more weight either....

My opinion, time to kick the old doc to the curb. I have called my surgeon with troubles twice. Each time he called me back within 20 minutes. I will admit both times I called during normal office hours, but still, when you are having problems...you need to know the doc is going to get back with you.

If you cancel the appointment, tell them why. They need the feedback!

Besh wishes!