Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Chat

Eileen, a half a cup, errr. Stretch it out with some Soup if you're still hungry. I could and did eat much more than the half cup after about a week of mushies.

Well gang, I'm off to the beach, the Outer Banks in NC, wish I could have the pleasure of meeting another LBT member while I'm in that area. My favorite thing to do there is sit on the deck in the sun and watch the waves roll in, (having an icee cocktail helps the view). I'll have withdrawls for LBT while I'm gone, since it's a summer cottage, I don't have DSL there and I don't think my nerves would take the dial up wait, LOL.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Good Morning Y'all!

They are predicting rain here today, I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get some! Everything is so dry, even when you step on the leaves barefoot they crunch! :)

Beanie - I'm so sorry you are going through all this. I hate dealing with insurance companies. I think Eileen is right, you need to ask to speak with a supervisor or something. I know the one time I got upset with them it was the only way I got an answer. I just hope they are stalling you to say the policy has changed the first of the year. Keep after them girl!

Cindy - Glad to hear your fill is going good.

Pat - Your trip sounds wonderful! I love sitting out just overlooking the Water with a nice cool drink!

Eileen - What's on the menu today? As soon as you can start solids, most of that hunger will go away.

I don't have much planned yet for the weekend. It is supposed to get really windy today, so all the leaves that I worked on yesterday will probably be right back where they were. I picked up the ones that I raked, but they are falling so fast. It certainly isn't like up north though, I used to spend weeks, hours a day trying to keep up with those.

I ended up eating the filling out of a piece of pie, but not the crust! So, I guess I was only half bad! :)

Pat enjoy your trip to the beach. I'm envious :) I love watching the waves too, its so relaxing.

Betty we have two teeny trees in my yard so clean up you would think would be a breeze, well we get all the leaves from our neighbors trees and boy its messy. We are set in the valley, mountains all around us, woodsy so there's lots and lots of leaves, you just can't get away from it LOL. You did good with the pie, the bad part IS the crust.

I just had some oatmeal mmmmm I could problably eat 10 more packages but I'll stop at one...sigh. LOL I was going to cook some eggs but we didn't have any.

Good Morning :)

Its a perfect day for November. How is everyone today?

Gonna run to church and then to see MIL, they say she's coming home on Wednesday :)

I went out to eat yesterday and got the tuna platter. It had like 2 lbs of tuna salad, 2 lbs of potato salad, coleslaw and lets just say 90% is home with me LOL. I could have eatten more except DH was getting impatient waiting for me AND I was afraid to over do it. I think I'll stick w/soup for a while when I go out LOL.

How are you all doing ?

Good Morning,

Today is supposed to be pretty, so I think we are going to try to go riding. I have some work to get done today too, so I guess I will do that! UGH!

Eileen, next time just eat off his plate! :):):D

My DH is a fast eater too, and it really use to bother me because I always felt like everyone was saying "look at her, no wonder she is fat she eats a lot longer that her husband", but now since I lost some weight, it doesn't bother me as much. I just make him wait longer, of course he usually helps me eat my food now! :D

Catch ya all later!

Good morning to you all! DD and I had a great day yesterday...shopping at Toys R Us and Target, so she could spend her gift cards...then to the big mall (well, one of them!), where we certainly were surprised! One of the radio stations was having a little concert/promo and some teen throb named Bryan Cabrera ( I think!) was performing...DD's introduction to squealing and screaming girls! She took it in stride, and watched for a little while. I stood behind her and screamed when the girls did. She rolled her eyes, and said, "Come on, Mom, the stores are probably empty" Cracked me up!

Then she had a birthday party to go to, and I went shopping at Steinmart...then home and spent the evening playing a game on the computer called Hexic, which is addictive!

Just reg. household stuff planned for today...a lazy day. DH will be home this eve from his hunting trip.

Pat, enjoy the beach!

Eileen, have a great day!

Betty, hope you have a good ride...looks like a good day for it.

Others...waiting to hear about your weekend.

Cindy

Wow, you guys were busy!

Pat, I am jealous! What a fabulous view. I haven't been to the beach in over 4 yrs. I am way past due, if you know what I mean. I am a Cali girl, and I need the beach.

So, Cindy - did you scream at the heart throbs when you were a teen? I never got close to a heart throb as a teen... Nice avatar, BTW. You are looking great!

Betty - did you get rid of all those pies, yet? chocolate cream sounds pretty good... Thank goodness I will never be in the position of cooking for DH. He will be able to eat anything that I might ask him to cook for me!

Eileen - how are you making the carrot juice? Have you got one of those Juiceman machines? Or do you just grind and press? I am pondering getting a food dryer system so that I can make dried zuccinni strips to replace noodles in Lasagna...But a juicer might be fun. Good luck with the 1/2 cup thing. I can't imagine... That's like 2-3 bites, now. Those small bites are going to be the biggest challenge. If I didn't hate puking so much, I might be worried. I am definitly going to have to invest in some baby silverware.

I spent yesterday out and about with DH. We went back to the dreaded IKEA - not dreaded because of the store - dreaded because of the crowds... It was packed, hot and moist. We got a couple of rocking chairs, a drawer unit, a footstool and a couple more bookcases. I spent the evening putting things together. I got all but the two bookcases done, and now my office is pretty much put together. Of course, this evening I will be loading the bookshelves. I currently sit surrounded by over a dozen moving boxes full... Such excitement.

I crapped out on the Gym, though. I have been bad, all weekend. I have to re-start my 4-days-a-week chip quest! (BAD - only three days this week)

The good news is that my vacation looms closer - two glorious weeks of no work and visiting at my Mom's house in Tuscon. (Trish, I will waive as I pass thru New Mexico!) My last work-day for this month is Nov. 18th - this coming Friday. Yippee!!

No letter in the mail as of yesterday, so tomorrow, its back on the phone. I will harass somebody until I get an answer.... I have my pre-op visit with Dr. Fox scheduled for Tuesday, so if I don't hear by fairly early in the day, I have to cancel that. GRRRRR. Of course, if a miracle has occurrred, it means that I can keep my pre-op appointment and maybe get my surgery as early as the 19th - and push my trip to Tuscon back a week.

Everybody think good thoughts.

Cindy I like your new avitar :) Sounds like you had a great time with DD. Times like that are so special, enjoy !!!

Pat, Pat, Pat.... so when can I come down :)

I stared at the picture for about 5 minutes and found myself lost in the waves. They are beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing them.

Beanie, Betty, Ira, Lisa, Zan, RespGirl and all you other wacky people, where are you?

Here I am! I went down the shore this weekend to see my nieces and boy did they wipe me out!! I just got home a little while ago. The weather was beautiful. We went to the beach, the playground and just basically ran around without naps non stop!

So it seems like everyone had a busy weekend as well.

Eileen - Sounds like the mushies are going well. Who would have ever thought mushies tasted so good?! When do you go on solids?

Pat - your house looks great - nice and relaxing!

Beanie - sending good thoughts your way for tomorrow. Another trip to IKEA? I love the place but it takes me forever to put everything together.

Cindy - how is the fill working? My doctor told me once I was on solid foods I would be able to tell how much restriction I have. I can tell you - none! I'm hoping I can get a fill on Tuesday and start moving the scale down again.

Well there will not be another late night of not being able to sleep for me! I found the trick - trying to keep up with 2 kids under 3! I'm off to watch Desperate Housewives and then sleep!

Have a good night!

Good Morning, and Happy Monday :)

How is everyone this beautiful Monday? did you all stay OP this weekend?

I'm staying home this morning and so is DD. DH needs my car to take his Mom to the Dr's today and I'm not in the mood for driving his cargo van all over the place.

I threw my back out 2 days ago and I'm walking like a 90 year old man so its best I just relax today anyway. I have a bad spine and I've been trying to watch when I bend down not to hurt my stomach and I guess it just went out because of that.

Zan the shore sounded really nice, I'm glad you had a good time and hopefully your not overtired lol. I believe next week I'll be able to eat REAL food :) just in time for Turkey Day, but I'm gonna pass on the turkey and stuffing and eat just about everything else :)

Watcha got planned for today folks ?

Eileen, you just let me know when you're ready and I'll meet you there, I'd love it. Hope your back is better.

Zan, which beach?

Beanie you can come too, it would be soooo much fun.

Betty did you ride yesterday?

Have a great day everyone, going to try to get some Christmas shopping done today.

Good morning everyone, I just wanted to share with all of you that I am now overweight !!!

I am so happy, I may go crazy and have a Ritz cracker with cheese.< /span>