Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

did anyone else use this service? I just had my surgery done by them and was wondering what everyone elses experiences were like with them?

Thanks!

Never heard of them. What are they?

Thanks for your thread, I have only started the process with this group last week. I was also wondering if others in the greater Los Angles area were happy with Weight loss centers (1800 get slim).

They are the largest advertiser in So Cal for LAP-BAND®. Someone must be able to share experiences?

I'd love other peoples feedback :thumbup:

VERY interesting article!

very interesting indeed. although, i had a surgeon who is still a doctor hahaha. i actually liked him alot. he was very confident and no nonsense. He also went to med school in nyc where im from :angry: so far i havent had any issues with them. if i ever do i know a friend who had the lap band and he likes his doctor so ill switch but im eventually switching anyway since im moving across the country.

Wow! Interesting article. I used them and had pretty much the same experience as Saraboo. In the end, insurance was approved, but working through their phone system or being able to access them administratively wasn't easy. To me it felt like a lot of the issues were "growing pains" related. Hopefully they don't become too much like a mill.

I had my surgery with Dr. George Tashjian and I really like him. I think he did a good job and made me feel comfortable throughout. I did meet him before the surgery. Not sure if he is officially with them or a referral doctor.

The article raises some concerns about their ownership, which doesn't sit well with the fact that I will be continuing with them to get adjustments, but I'm going to stay positive and give them the benefit of the doubt. I get my first adjustment tomorrow, so I'll continue to evaluate how they operate.

Thank you for your post, please keep this thread posted on your success. Best of luck!

did anyone else use this service? I just had my surgery done by them and was wondering what everyone elses experiences were like with them?

Thanks!

I'm trying to go thru them but I quite can't trust them yet they say that they take PPO insurance. I've went to their seminar and they are rushing me to appointments. However I do not know how my insurance is going to pay them if I have already checked and my insurance does not cover the lap-band.:smile:

Jasmin, go with your gut. If you didn't really like them, then find another Dr. I ended up being refered out to my dr from them, becuase my insurancedidn't cover them. However, them refering me out was the best thing that could have happened. Look around for a couple different Dr's and go to their different seminars. I would recomend my Dr in a heartbeat. Very patient oriented(sp?), and he gives his cell # to each patient. His name is Dr. Salimitari-if you want to check him out his office # is 310-470-8446. He has offices all over So Cal, and you can pick teh one closest to you. :smile:

I went through them - took 2 months from consultation to surgery, and I'm now 8 months post-op. While the red tape was difficult to get through initially (I kept calling and demanding to speak to the various people I needed to, and kept calling to check on insurance status, etc.), Dr. Salimitari did my surgery (he's AWESOME!) and I love the satellite office I go to every few weeks here in Bakersfield. It's been a great experience for me!:(