Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 Days out and.........

Feeling hungry between my 2oz meals! I kind of pushed the rules a little bit and add a little more to the plate after I've digested for at least 15 min. I hate this hungry between meals thing. I'm sure on my first fill on the 22nd things will be better. I also get this little crunchy craving at night so i've been chewing on a bit saltine tiny bites at a time.

Has this happened to you?:lol:

It is perfectly normal to be hungry until you have had fills. How many fills it will take seems to vary from person to person. It took me until my third before I felt restriction.

Until then, just do the best you can. Practice slow eating with lots of chewing. Try to eat the right foods even if it's larger portions than you will eat with restriction.

Thank you vlp....your words comforted me! I'm very careful because I don't want to mess up my new tummy.

I was excited today lol ....silly really that one of my steri-strips from surgery fell off. And the area itches so i'm getting better. o/

Thanks for your reply...i love this forum.

I was banded on 1/21. After 6 days, I was finally hungry. The shakes and liquids just weren't doing it for me so I started sampling a variety of things, pretzels, saltines, low fat cheez its, etc. When those went down ok (and it only took a few to feel satisfied) I started trying a few bites of more substantial stuff like a well mashed baked potato with a little bit of velveeta cheese. Sounds fatty but I only ate a small portion. Last night, I had a couple spoonfuls of taco meat (low fat ground sirloin) with some very well crushed tortilla chips. I know all about the low-fat, low-calorie instructions, but if this is going to work for me, I have to find things I can live with long-term and cottage cheese isn't going to do it. So far, nothing has gotten stuck. The only discomfort I've had is some minor belching and bloating. I have a 10 cc band and it's got about 2.5 ccs currently. My first fill is on 2/15. I am really looking forward to being able to add in some raw veggies and I would never have dreamed I'd miss them!

If you are only eating 2 oz, you need to increase it. You don't want to be below 1100 to 1200 calories. No wonder you are hungry... If you starve, you will not lose effectively. You will go into famine mode and your body will hold every extra molecule of fat it can because it thinks it is going to starve. Hugs!!!!