Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't Ask, Don't Tell ?

Who is paying these people to investigate?

Congress and the military get paid whether they investigate anything or not. I asked if you knew of any ADDITIONAL costs associated with this investigation. Apparently not.

Congress and the military get paid whether they investigate anything or not. I asked if you knew of any ADDITIONAL costs associated with this investigation. Apparently not.

I have no idea if there is "additional" cost. I am upset about the "original" cost. I am paying them and they are wasting time that I pay them on an unimportant issue. I will have to pay them anyway. I understand that, but the least they could do is spend the time I pay for on something more productive.

I have no idea if there is "additional" cost. I am upset about the "original" cost. I am paying them and they are wasting time that I pay them on an unimportant issue. I will have to pay them anyway. I understand that, but the least they could do is spend the time I pay for on something more productive.

I am sure that when the military ended racial segregation after WWII there were those who thought it was a waste of time and money, too, to focus on that problem.

I am quite sure that Congress and the military can tackle this problem as well as other pressing problems of our country at the same time. I mean look at the congress under bush. They managed to pass 2 tax cuts for the rich while borrowing money from China to fund 2 wars ( one unnecessary) and pass a trillion dollar (taxpayer) medicare drug plan. So, I think they can handle jobs, financial reform, health care and ending DADT.

I am sure that when the military ended racial segregation after WWII there were those who thought it was a waste of time and money, too, to focus on that problem.

After WWII, not during it. We are currently at war and have troops deployed in the middle east. Maybe a better time to look at this would be after the war.

After WWII, not during it. We are currently at war and have troops deployed in the middle east. Maybe a better time to look at this would be after the war.

And when will that be?

And when will that be?

I guess when Obama does what he promised and brings the troops home.

It looks like he has more pressing things like gays to take care of first.

I guess when Obama does what he promised and brings the troops home.

It looks like he has more pressing things like gays to take care of first.

He is bringing them home from Iraq next year as promised. He never promised to end the war in Afghanistan. But he did promise to end DADT and he is taking the steps to do that.

He is bringing them home from Iraq next year as promised. He never promised to end the war in Afghanistan. But he did promise to end DADT and he is taking the steps to do that.

I don't care what promises he made last year. There is more important business to attend to today.....not who is gay and if they should keep it secret.

I don't care what promises he made last year. There is more important business to attend to today.....not who is gay and if they should keep it secret.

Well, I think it is an important issue and I am glad that it is finally being addressed.

Bt: "I spent more than 5 years in the military and have known plenty of gay soldiers. They did what would get them kicked out far away from the base and nobody bothered them."

Doesn't that really say it all?

I find it lucicrous to think that gay people will join the military just to make a point. A person could die or maimed from being shot at. That's a pretty serious consequence for trying to make a point by "pissing people off."

Every person who is capable should have the priviledge of serving their country and should not be barred because of their sexual preference. Sexual preference should never be the basis of any kind of discrimination. If someone is a lawbreaker, certainly they should be banned. If someone is so "flamboyant" that they are unable to keep their feet securely in their combat boots, then that's a problem.

As for the West Point man who "came out" on TV, I don't know if he's the same man I saw interviewed but the one I saw was "outed" by a civilian, not because he decided to make his homosexuality public. There have been more than one well-qualified military men who have tried to fight this ridiculous discriminatory ban.

Well put, BJean.

It sounds like people are suggesting that there is a great amount of time and money spent on this issue. Is that really the case?

And I've also heard that recruiting is becoming a problem. Would it not be advantageous to have a whole new group of possibly willing volunteers?