Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 1/2 Years Out, Blogging My Journey From the Time I First Began Exploring Surgery

I was seriously overweight since childhood. I spent most of my life life yo-yo dieting.

On August 16, 2006, I got a Lap-Band. Learning to use this tool has helped me transform my life. I have been maintaining a healthy, normal weight for nearly two years now. I am now the fit girl at the gym. I am the active mom at school, I am the confident presenter in business, and I am a more loving wife, because I no longer carry the burden of my weight on my body and in my heart. I am a different person today, and I love “Banded Living.” I feel confident that I will be able to maintain a normal weight for the rest of my life.

When I decided to get my band, I didn’t tell anyone except for my husband and a few close friends. I was afraid I would fail again. I was afraid of the stigma associated with being obese and “resorting” to weight loss surgery.

I've decided to start a blog, sharng my journey from the time I first began exploring Lap-Band surgery. My goal is to help others by sharing my story and my personal experiences. My deepest personal hope is that other people will find something in my journey that is useful.

Here is the link: Gloria's Banded Living — My Lapband Weight Loss Success Story. Please let me know what you think.

Edited by atgoalgal
typo

Wow !! you look wonderful....

Did you ever get scared before you actually did the surgery (I am scared that I`ll do it and I`ll fail )..............

Your blog is wonderful and informative. Congratulations on living in the body you have worked for and deserve.

You look fabulous.

Saw my surgeon today and set the date - 2-22-2010. I'm on my way. :thumbup:

Wow !! you look wonderful....

Did you ever get scared before you actually did the surgery (I am scared that I`ll do it and I`ll fail )..............

Boy was I scared. I had failed so many times before. You name the diet, I did it a few times. All I can say is that this really is different. If you haven't cheked out my blog - follow the links - I tried to be really honest about how I felt exploring surgery. You may also want to try the download - T Things I Wish I Knew Before Lap-Band Surgery. My mentor and I brainstormed about what we wish we knew before we started. Please continue to ask away.

Where can I find the T Things I wish I Knew before I was banded?

I'm very interested in reading those.

Edited by ladykcusa
left out two words

I found the place to request on the blog. Thanks for the time and love to put this together for all of us.

Where can I find the T Things I wish I Knew before I was banded?

I'm very interested in reading those.

from the main blog page, on the right hand side, beneath my before and after you'll see a box that says sign up and I'll email you my interview the 7 Things I Wish I Knew Before Lap-band surgery.

I'm glad you liked what you saw. Would appreciate feedback on the 7 tips as well.

Thanks Gloria I signed up. My surgery is scheduled for 3/8/10.

I 've found your posts to be very helpful.

Thanks Gloria I signed up. My surgery is scheduled for 3/8/10.

I 've found your posts to be very helpful.

Glad you found it helpful. When I was first exploring surgery in 2005/2006, I found the process so confusing. It was hard to find people with long-term success. I really struggled between band and bypass. I am so happy to pay this forward. Was there anything in the 7 Things I Wish I Knew Before Lap-Band surgery that surprised you?