Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all - I am newly banded, January 25. I was really excited about have the band and did all kinds of research and reading however, I am feeling a little down.:) My stomach looks horrid. I am bloated and have some much gas that it is disgusting.:angry: Does anyone know when this will go away? Plus, it doesn't seem like I am losing any weight since being banded. I lost 10 pounds pre surgery but now I am eating very little and making no difference. Is this normal? Maybe I am just feeling sorry for myself because I set myself up for unreal expectations or I am just looking to see that I am normal and need encouragement.

Just taking it one day at a time.

You are quite normal. You are swollen from your surgery and need to give your body time to heal. Each day you will feel a little better. I started to feel well about 2 weeks after surgery. My tummy took/is taking longer to go down. Hang in there - it will happen for you.

Getting banded for me was anticlimatic. I, too, was very excited and at first I had some restriction. After a while you can eat anything and that's where the let down was for me. I have had one fill and will get another one Feb. 8th. My weight has completely stalled and I lost quite a bit before surgery. Just hang in there and the swelling and scars will be gone before you know it. But don't be surprised if you don't lose anything for a while. I'm just glad I haven't gained anything as other on this site have.

I was banded the day after you. My stomach is also horrid. Bloated and I think I've developed lactose intolerance. After I drink a Protein shake I balloon like crazy! Anyway, I can tell that my stomach is still swollen from surgery as I can't get into my regular clothes yet. I've been living in jammies for a week. Sure, it's nice but not what I really wanted.

I've been blue too but we'll get through this. I figure it can't get much worse! LOL

I was banded on Jan. 20th and my stomach is getting better day by day. I am not bloated like I was a couple of days ago, but I still am sore and by the end of my work day I can sure feel it. I've only lost 13 pounds total so far but that is from the diet. I'm trying hard to stick to everything but what is helping me is eating a snack in the morning and in the afternoon and that usually satifies me.

I too was banded on the 25th!!! So far so god for me. I hate being bloated. I found that walking, walking and sitting have helped me out. Ive had a hard time sleeping. I tend to sleep on my tummy. My port site is still so sore and brused, i hate it. I am just so glad that my doc told me I can start on reg food next week.....I am so tired of protien shakes!!!

I was banded on Jan 25 also. The dietician has me on pure liquid diet until I see them on Feb 11. I have 3 Protein Shakes a day of 2 scoops Beneprotein and one envelope of Carnation Instant Breakfast - sugar free. The rest of the day I am drinking Water, juice. Favorite is V8. I have lost 7 pounds and no gas. But my stomach is ITCHING me beyond belief. Benadril, anti itch creme do not help.

As you read other stories, you will see that everyone is different and lose weight differently. Hang in there! :)

That is so funny that you call your stomach look as Alien because the banding area gets hard sometimes and I call that my little alien!:lol:

Hey everyone! I was banded on Jan 29. I'm on the full liquids now and this is the first day I have started to feel better physically. Emotionally, I am feeling down because today I am starving! All last week I could only have a few sips before I felt full but today I have been drinking non stop. Is this normal?? I lost 11 pounds this week and if this keeps up I will put it all back on in a matter of days.

Are you sure you are drinking enough Protein? I'm told I can have 3-4 Protein Drinks. Mine is Beneprotein.

The Protein i use is called whey GOURMET.. i dunno if its in the US, but i know its in Canada.. and its like dessert. It really is. Its literally like eating an ice cream shake if you blend it up with lotsa ice and whatever else you liek to add to yuor shakes. Ive been drinking them every day since i finished my clear Fluid stage.. and its almost likea treat and sometimes i feel like im cheating myself.

Aside from the Protein part.. take a look at my profile and see the pics ive posted of my stomach. I have no shame LOL i put pics of my post of belly the hours after surgery and again 4 days later, and i should post now.. cause my belly is FLAT. ive deflated completly , and even concaved a bit LOL.

and my scars... 2 you cant even really see unless i point them out.. and the other 3 look like tiny red cracks.. very thin lines.

I felt horrible when i first got home.. the gas pain around my ribs and my back sucked so badly for about a week... but now im back to be able to cartwheel no problem :lol:

now if only id lose more weight life would be grand :thumbup:

ill post more pisc for everybody to check out if you are interested.

I am feeling just like you also. I was band the day after you. I dont want to be negative and trying my best to stay positive. Im tired of my liquids already and feel hungry. I start mushies on wed. I dont think Ill make it. LOL Also a question for the veterans on this post. How do you paste your weight trackers to show on your messages?? I cant figure it out. Sorry for the questions Im new here. LOL