Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my last fill on 1/7/10 and since then I've lost another 14lbs or so. Now I feel like I have no restriction and I am scheduled to go back next Tues on the 9th of Feb for another fill. But my question is, is it possible to have no restriction and still have "stuck episodes"? I don't really feel any restriction and I feel like I can eat more then I should and then I will eat the wrong thing and it will get stuck, but not everytime.

I think so. I don't have alot of restriction but I know it when I swallow too big of a bite. I went from being able to eat anything to having to avoid bread and rice. I have another fill on the 11th. I am tight in the morning and could swallow a bowling ball by lunch. Sounds like you are getting close. I struggle with chewing as much as I should. So it sounds like you have some restriction just not enough to satisfy you.

Greg

I felt EXACTLY the same after my 2nd fill. Now, after my third fill, I can only eat about 1/2 cup of food, then I am full. However, "full" doesn't feel like it used to. For me, it can feel like something is stuck. I need to learn to stop when I am "not hungry" anymore as opposed to being "full". Does that make sense?

Good Luck! Your weight loss is awesome!:angry:

I felt EXACTLY the same after my 2nd fill. Now, after my third fill, I can only eat about 1/2 cup of food, then I am full. However, "full" doesn't feel like it used to. For me, it can feel like something is stuck. I need to learn to stop when I am "not hungry" anymore as opposed to being "full". Does that make sense?

Good Luck! Your weight loss is awesome!:angry:

Thank you and yes it all makes sense. I hope I get to the point soon where I just eat a small potion and I am full. I hope after this next fill I will really start to feel restriction. One big problem is I am never hungry, I eat just to eat or becasue it is there.

One big problem is I am never hungry, I eat just to eat or becasue it is there.

Hi Todd,

I have 8cc in my 12 cc band and I'm getting close but no restriction and, yes, I do get stuck despite that if I forget to chew well, take small bites or forget there are some foods (eggs, bread and ground meats) that are no-no's.

I'm also never hungry but have to tell you that on the few occasions when I had temporary restriction after a fill, I could go 4-5 hours after a meal without even thinking about food. A feat considering I'm usually planning my next meal while I'm still eating the current one. :angry:

Hi Todd,

I have 8cc in my 12 cc band and I'm getting close but no restriction and, yes, I do get stuck despite that if I forget to chew well, take small bites or forget there are some foods (eggs, bread and ground meats) that are no-no's.

I'm also never hungry but have to tell you that on the few occasions when I had temporary restriction after a fill, I could go 4-5 hours after a meal without even thinking about food. A feat considering I'm usually planning my next meal while I'm still eating the current one. :angry:

yea I have just never gotten that, I hear people say "oh gosh I'm starving" and i think to myself i don't ever remember feeling that way hahaha

Look at you! Way to go losing 14 lbs since your last fill!

Honestly, I have had some sliming/sick episodes due to taking big bites or eating too fast, and I have absolutely no restriction. Hoping I finally get some when I get fill #2 on the 25th. I am bummed I have to wait that long!

I am noticing that I feel a little less hungry than when I first got my fill (weird, since that was 3 weeks ago).

Anyway, great job with the weight loss!! I'm jealous LOL. 35 to goal and it just will not move!!!! Grrrrrrr

Look at you! Way to go losing 14 lbs since your last fill!

Honestly, I have had some sliming/sick episodes due to taking big bites or eating too fast, and I have absolutely no restriction. Hoping I finally get some when I get fill #2 on the 25th. I am bummed I have to wait that long!

I am noticing that I feel a little less hungry than when I first got my fill (weird, since that was 3 weeks ago).

Anyway, great job with the weight loss!! I'm jealous LOL. 35 to goal and it just will not move!!!! Grrrrrrr

Thank you very much. I have had a great couple weeks of really trying to eat right and have spent a lot of time in the gym (nice now that all the New Years Resolution folks have already given up hahaha) So between that and the last fill I really have had a pretty good month. I am now looking forward to going next week and getting another fill and having another great month!

not starving is one of the biggest things for me. I am never starving. I still have to try not to eat out of habit. But I think I could go the whole day without feeling like I am starving

not starving is one of the biggest things for me. I am never starving. I still have to try not to eat out of habit. But I think I could go the whole day without feeling like I am starving
I hear ya! If I'm busy at work or home and preoccupied with yard work or something I'm fine. But now in this terrible time of winter and stuck in the house I have to remind myself to get the hell out of the fridge or the cabinets. And it's not because I am hungry it's just a lifetime of bad habits.

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait until I don't think about food constantly!

Definitely possible. I have no Fluid in my band and every once in a while, if I dont chew well enough, I make that infamous run to the bathroom. So yes, possible. LOL. It sucks too! Cant wait to get my first fill on February 11th! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THEIR JOURNEYS!:angry: