Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!I'm in pain eating fairly soft foods

I got my 3rd fill this past Wed, before that, I felt no restriction at all. Now I do BIG TIME. So much so that it truly hurts to eat anything at all. I vomited slime on Fri nite and last nite twice and reallly don''t want to do it regularly. Last nite, I had 1 scrambled egg with a little cheese in it. I ate it sooooo slowly, chewed however much you can chew scrambled eggs - and it still got stuck and I vomited. The only thing I can eat that doesn't seem to make me sick is mashed potatoes - and I can't eat too many of those, otherwise I won't lose anything. Everything hurts/gets stuck. Any ideas? I'm 6 days post 3rd fill. Am I too tight or do I give it another week and see if it loosens up by itself? Does the post fill swelling usually last this long?Help pleez - I'm sooooo uncomfortable.

Marci

You may be at your sweet spot. After a stuck or throwing up episode you should do liquids for a day.

I can not eat eggs. There are many things I can not after I had tight restriction. The choice is up to you.

If after another week you are tighter than you can handle, get a very tiny unfill.

I dont think throwing up is an indication of the sweet spot, throwing up is not healthy for you band.

Talk to your doctors office and hear what they have to say. They may want you to go full liquids for a few more days or he may want you to come in for a slight defill.

I dont think throwing up is an indication of the sweet spot, throwing up is not healthy for you band.

Talk to your doctors office and hear what they have to say. They may want you to go full liquids for a few more days or he may want you to come in for a slight defill.

I did not say throwing up is an indication of the sweet spot.

I just mean that after I was at my personal sweet spot I could not eat the same foods I ate before.

Edited by Humming Bird

I felt no restriction at all. Now I do BIG TIME. So much so that it truly hurts to eat anything at all. I vomited slime on Fri nite and last nite twice and reallly don''t want to do it regularly. Last nite, I had 1 scrambled egg with a little cheese in it. I ate it sooooo slowly, chewed however much you can chew scrambled eggs - and it still got stuck and I vomited.

Marci

I just had my second fill last Tuesday, which brought me up to 5ccs and I have the same problem... I tried to eat Mushies the second day but even very runny oatmeal got stuck.... I have been doing 98% liquid diet of Soups and Protein shakes every since... I made a pot of homemade vegetable Soup that stayed down becasue I cooked the veggies to super soft and then chewed every chunky thing to Water... The only problem with the liquid diet is I am always hungry so I am having broth or a cup of Soup practically very 60-90 minutes... Ohhhh, I was able to eat about 1 Tbsp of very runny/soft refried Beans so I have been having that too... Anymore than a Tbsp and I can feel it sitting in my throat like it has nowhere to go...

I go back to the Dr. in one week so I will wait it out... I have lost 1.5 pounds since Tuesday so whatever it takes to get the results I want... I'm hoping this is my sweet spot becasue I really don't want to have an unfill... I don't want to be able to over-eat...

P.S. I was taking care of my Grandsons the other day and ate 2 of their potato chips and they came right back up, which I was glad of... It wasn"t a full on throw up because it felt like they never really went down... they sat in my throat and after a couple minutes of fighting it and swallowing saliva that kept forming, I grabbed a napkin and the chips and about a half cup of slime kinda just rolled back out... The chest pressure and guilt of even thinking of eating chips went away and I learned my lesson...

Ohhh a quick follow up on my last post... I just did my Easter Weigh in and I've lost 2.5 Pounds since last Tuesday, So I have no complaints about not being able to eat too many solids just yet... However, that may change if I start see delicious food that others are enjoying. LOL... Haha...

See this concerns me...I'm going for my second fill a week from today. I got 3ccs in an empty 10cc band the first time. I have no restriction. I want her to put in 2 more ccs but am worried that I will feel like you guys do. I would call your doctor's office for advice. I know you are afraid they will take some out and you'll have no restriction but you should be able to at least eat something. Call your doctor....

Thanks everyone for the advice. I ate some refried Beans for lunch and they stayed down ok. I'll probably give it another week to see if it loosens up on it's own before calling my doc - he's 3 hrs away. And like someone says, I don't want an unfill if I have no restriction, especially since I finally have some after 4 mths. And I lost 2 lbs since last Wed! Yeah!

Marci