Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Keith Mcewen - Awesome Doctor / Horrible staff :(

I went through an entire process to have my surgery with Dr. McEwen. I found him to be a really wonderful person and doctor and he answered every question I had, as well as being very patient and understanding. He's a very peaceful personality and was felt good about my original choice in having him do the surgery. Unfortunately I had a very horrible experience with his office manager / executive manager. :unsure:

I had a very hard time getting through to this office most of the time getting a voice mail or answering service. I would leave messages and never receive return calls. I was told by the executive director that if I called multiple times in a day that my file would go to the bottom of the file, which I never called more than once in a day and explained that as well. While talking to the dietitian, who was very knowledgeable and kind, told me that their office had a staffing issue and it was only her and the executive director running the office at that moment. *CAUTION* signs went up to me.

I, like every other person going through this process was feeling quite emotional about it and was a bit scared I guess for my upcoming procedure. She quickly referred to my history saying she knew from looking at my psychology reports that I was going to have to get help for my emotional issues from my therapist.

The executive director then advised me that I was free to find another surgeon which I did. I had to start my approval process all over again as well as go through extensive testing prior to surgery which was not required by Dr. McEwen's office. In the long run it was the very best choice I could have made only because I could not have had a long term relationship with this office due to their executive directors unprofessional behavior.

I had my surgery at St. Vincent and Dr. Margret Inman did my surgery. I am not sorry at all that I made the change.

Jodi, this thread is from last January. I suspect the poster has moved on. :frown:

Dave

I have selected Dr. McEwen for my surgery. I've been very impressed with his staff and their follow up. I feel like a real person, not a number. I'll update as time goes on. Having my consults next Tuesday. Excited!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches