Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to the Gap for the first time in ten years this weekend. I've always been shopping at Big and Tall or JC Penny's Big section and it was such a great feeling to be able to go to a regular store and fit in a pair of jeans! :unsure:

It took alot of control but I put it back on the shelf knowing that I am still on the path of losing more weight and am not ready to change my wardrobe just yet.

I'm curious to hear when my fellow bandsters have started shopping and changing their wardrobes,,,

GO YOU! That must have been really hard to put them back. I think i would have just got them...lol. I bet that was great motivation. I can’t wait to go try on some new clothes soon. :unsure:

Dude! You've lost 40 pounds! I'd say it's time to get a pair of nice-fitting jeans!

I'm not there yet, but I plan on having at least ONE well-fitting outfit at each stage of loss. Most of the time, schlumpy and baggy is okay, but feeling TERRIFIC in nice-fitting clothes is one way to remind ourselves of our progress. And a pair of jeans is a nice, inexpensive (and very utilitarian) choice--even if you only wear them for a couple of months, chances are you'll get your money's worth!

If you can't quite stomach shelling out for Gap quite yet, the Gap outlet might be a good place to look. Also, resale shops and even Goodwill stores might be worth a look-see. Does your surgeon's support group have a clothing exchange? That's another good source of transition clothes :unsure:

I am wearing my 10 year old slacks today, I couldnt stand to get rid of them when I gained weight so they just hung in the closet and now I can wear them again! (My husband says I am a hoarder, lol.) They had been hanging so long that there was a layer of dust on the leg that was folded over the hanger. I am thinking resale shops....

I am excited to buy some new clothes as well. Like you, I have resisted the urge because I'm only going to get smaller. I have several sizes in my closet so I may be ok for a while.

When I do shop I plan on getting just a few cheap things. Probably at Walmart or target. Gap is kind of expensive isn't it?

I went to the Gap for the first time in ten years this weekend. I've always been shopping at Big and Tall or JC Penny's Big section and it was such a great feeling to be able to go to a regular store and fit in a pair of jeans! :)

It took alot of control but I put it back on the shelf knowing that I am still on the path of losing more weight and am not ready to change my wardrobe just yet.

I'm curious to hear when my fellow bandsters have started shopping and changing their wardrobes,,,

Good for you! I started way too soon and wish I had all the money I wasted! I bought new jeans at size 16, 14, 12, 11, 10 and now I'm a size 6 or 8! Go to the thrift stores or hunt ebay for bargains. You may even come across some of my giveaways!!