Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Half - Assed :-)

So seriously - I'm down several sizes. I lost most of my weight in my boobs :unsure:, my butt, hips and thighs ... Poor me, right? :tt2: lol But !! My waist is still about the same size ! How does that work??? :blink: I went from a 26/28 pants to a 18/20 . However, the 18's are just a bit snug at the waist, and bag out around my ass and hips and thights .... Anyone else going thru this ? It's such a strange feeling to be able to fit into XL or L , not XXXL or XXL - 18/20 , not 26/28. And my shoe size is shrinking as well ! This losing weight stuff is getting expensive :bored: hehehe But darn well worth it!

Thats a weird one cos usually waist fat is first to go because its nearest to the organs. usually its the hips and thighs are the slow movers. hmmm. maybe you are losing from there but its not in the same speed or proportions as the rest of you. do you know what measurements your waist was when you first started? and compare it to now? maybe you will wake up one day and its smaller cos your body was ready to drop the waist size. Also, what is your body shape? if you are an apple shape it might take longer from your waist because that is where the weight is stored. I am a pear (ok-hourglass-ish pear but i wanna be an hourglass!!) and the weight/size has dropped off heaps on my face,ribcage,waist and top part of my hips. The arms and lower hips and thighs are pretty much the same. Smaller, but not heaps drastic. I hope you measured yourself before you started so you can get a good idea as to where you are. I hope that helps...

My weight came off my hips, thighs,and face first. Then the waist started to follow. I've never had a defind waistline. My waist and hips are about the same size. I wear a 9/10 pants but I have to buy lowrise or midrise or they will be way too big in the butt and hips. Sometimes I guess that's just what happens. I was so depressed when Tim Gunn said no women over 40 should be caught dead in lowrise jeans. I can't help it it's just what fits and at least I don't have the mushroom cap hanging over. So I'll keep my low and midrise as long as they keep making um.

And I'll bet you look AWESOME in them, Kimaly !!! Pooey on Tim Gunn ;-)

Well, at least theres hope for my waist yet! I've always had a defined waist line, thats why its so strange. i mean, yes, it went down a bit, but its more of a size 20 or 22 where as my hips and butt are more of an 18 or even a 16 . Goofy!! lol

I definitely have the same problem. I don't know how tall you are, but the pants that fit me best are petites. There's a smaller rise and therefore they don't bag in the hips. I'm 5'6", so I'm not really short, but the petites are working for me. I don't understand it, and my waist has gotten smaller, but the hips are downright tiny. Never in a million years did I think I'd ever be wearing anything out of the petites section on the store!

Cindy

CWM, holy cow ! you really lost the weight! we were banded a few months apart ... what have you been doing to make it drop so quickly?

I've tried some petites, as I'm 5'5", but some STILL come up above my ankles lol

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Bobbie

I have the same problem. I started walking on a treadmill in May-09 (banded in Dec.) and the weight has come off my thighs. Since being banded I have noticed my boobs are getting smaller, but my tummy area is not moving, in fact since the op it seems harder to pull my tummy and stomach in. Does anyone have this problem? I know I'm just a month post-op, so fingers crossed my belly will go away with time.

Bobbie,

I don't have any secrets for the weight loss. I don't really diet. I try to eat healthy, but I eat my junk, too. Just less of it. I do go to the gym, but only 3-4 times a week for an hour or so. I just decided this time, I was going to live my life. No counting calories or points or carbs! I know this doesn't work for everyone, but it does for me.

As for the petites, I suspect I have short legs for my height. Also, I've found that they run longer at some stores. I do best at Penney's. I must have 4 pairs of their petite jeans and corduroys.

Cindy

So seriously - I'm down several sizes. I lost most of my weight in my boobs :), my butt, hips and thighs ... Poor me, right? :tt2: lol But !! My waist is still about the same size ! How does that work??? :blink: I went from a 26/28 pants to a 18/20 . However, the 18's are just a bit snug at the waist, and bag out around my ass and hips and thights .... Anyone else going thru this ? It's such a strange feeling to be able to fit into XL or L , not XXXL or XXL - 18/20 , not 26/28. And my shoe size is shrinking as well ! This losing weight stuff is getting expensive :bored: hehehe But darn well worth it!

That is frustrating. I am just now starting to experience this. I am beginning to have my butt and thighs go a little faster than my waist now. Have you tried the right fit pants at LB? They are expensive, but they will fit better than anything else right now. You will probably be a 2 or 3 yellow or red.

I also have very short legs for my height. I've discovered that depending on the fabric that if I buy petites and put them in the dryer that they shrink to being "high waters". I can get better results buying "average" length and when they shrink in the dryer they are the right length.

I have the same problem. I started walking on a treadmill in May-09 (banded in Dec.) and the weight has come off my thighs. Since being banded I have noticed my boobs are getting smaller, but my tummy area is not moving, in fact since the op it seems harder to pull my tummy and stomach in. Does anyone have this problem? I know I'm just a month post-op, so fingers crossed my belly will go away with time.

At only a month post-op, you are still swollen inside from the operation. It can take 6 weeks or more for that swelling to completely subside, so you may start to see the weight loss in your waist soon.

At only a month post-op, you are still swollen inside from the operation. It can take 6 weeks or more for that swelling to completely subside, so you may start to see the weight loss in your waist soon.

Thanks Fanny for those encouraging words, I can't wait to see my 'pouch' go down.

Small world - I was in Perth last year; my sister lives a bit further south, in Busselton. I hope you get some cooler temps and rain soon.

Been there, done that, BobbyND.... I thought that my midsection would never be in portion with the rest of my body. It was where I carried most of my excess weight and was the last to go. Even after hitting goal, it took a few months until I noticed my waist finally being what it should.

As far as waistbands go...I am very long legged (34"inseam if not 34) but I am short waisted. I find the the low rise jeans work the best without causing a snuggy.

I have lost weight from my extremities in.. I started with my hands, feet and face, and it keeps inching in towards my middle. Right now, I look pretty good from the butt down, breasts up.. just that big old belly that needs work. I know I'll get there, but I sure would like to lose more in my belly quicker!!

BobbieND, I am in the same boat.waist size is stuck even when the scales move. Catherines or LB right sizing does allow for a wider waist. I just had gall bladder surgery so don't know if that is the problem, because I had done well losng all over, until a few months ago.