Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been a while

I get on here once in a while to share the latest. Since the last time I had posted, I've gotten a different job that I absolutely love. Unfortunately, my family and I have no health insurance. We (my wife and I) have had the band for a little over two years. I've lost over 160 lbs.

Most recently (about a week and a half ago) I went in for a fill. This fill made me probably the 2nd tighest fill that I've been. I was so tight, once, I had to go to E.R. to get it removed...Thankfully I had insurance. This time...I got my fill...drank Water (which my body doesn't do well in morning anyways) and left Dr's ofc. Later that day, I was hiccuping. I called the office and was encouraged to wait it out.

It's been a struggle. I liked how tight I was. Later that week I went out of town for a few days, came back home, and struggling with phlegm. My doctor suggest 2 days liquids, 2 days soft, then slowly introduce "regular" foods.

It was a day or two after I started eating "regular" food, that I noticed phelgm. It wasn't the food pb that most have experiences...more dry. I also noticed I was getting acid reflux. The acid reflux would actually wake me up 2-3 hours after falling asleep. I tried a few different things like...hot lemon water, apple cider vinegar (which I think actually helped...taste horrible), and a few other things. Oh yeah...I was experiencing acid reflux too.

I called the Dr's ofc who suggested over the counter (otc) meds for heartburn. I picked one up but saw the package stated...no instant relief...please allow up to 48 hours. (sigh). Took one...btw...when I take caplets, I break them in half.

Well, I have to admit. I also added one more medicine to my repetoire of meds...Nyquil. Nyquil actually helped me sleep and minimize the phlegm. It was nice. The only obsticle was the Nyquil hangover the next day. It was a good compromise. Last night I got about 5 hours sleep and I had a little phlegm espisode but not really acid reflux. Got up, took so more Nyquil (first dose was only a half dose).

Lately I've notice nausea around. There's a couple of possibilities...one could be a cold bug that's going around my job and the other could be my body telling me I need to eat (which is kinda new). I didn't really eat Breakfast before. My daily meal consisted of Dutch Bros. (kinda like Starbucks) for breakfast, no lunch or snack like nuts, and then dinner. Now it seems like I may have to actually start eating breakfast which is VERY different for me.

Another interesting note to all of this, I cannot tolerate hot liquids as much as I used to....my body seems to prefer cold. Hot food is fine, of course, but not hot liquids.

Just thought I'd share...another day of periodic nausea. It seems during the time of no food is when it occurs. I do have a followup appt on Monday. I've done some research and wondering if maybe some blood work will show more "clues". It's at times while I'm eating or drinking orange juice that I DON'T have nausea.

I went ahead and restarted the Prilosec OTC to see if that will help a little. It's kinda funny cuz the box says "NOT for immediate relief". We'll see. I'll try to update as days go on :unsure:

Well...

Yesterday, I saw my Dr. for my monthly visit. I shared my symptoms and homemade resolutions. The doctor agreed to go ahead and remove .25 cc's.

Last night I was able to sleep well. I've had no phlegm at all. Things are working well. I'm able to eat "better". Right now I'm able to eat about 2 to 3 ounces of food...I'm soooo okay with that. I did; however, lose 16 pounds in the last month. I'm still not under 300 but getting there.

I'm now on 2 - 3 month dr follow ups.

I am sorry you we too tight for that long. I am glad, however, you were able to get it taken care of yesterday.