Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG! I YELLED at a minister--on TAPE!!

OMG--talk about things being fat makes ya do!!

My little brother got married last night. He's my only bro and this is his first wedding and family came from all over the country for it. I've been constricting cals and working out like crazy to get ready for this. I managed to stuff myself into some "total control" hose & fit into this cute skirt I wanted to wear and really felt pretty good about myself. The ceremony went well--and THEN came the PICTURES.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been aghast at "fat photos" that seem to crop up in the future. I've always done my best to hide from cameras, but this bride had TWO professional photographers AND the minister's wife does WEDDING VIDEOS. Being part of the immediate family I had to submit to being in some of these things--sucked in my gut and tried to remember to stand tall. I behaved pretty well and then during the reception I had a little speech & toast I wanted to give for the occasion. When the moment was right the DJ motioned me up and handed me a mike.

Well, here I was suddenly in front of about 200 people with a mic in my hands (rather discomforting) and suddenly there are FOUR (I kid you not--FOUR!) cameras flashing at me. I look at them pleading and say, "Pleeeze go away..." They relent and soon as I had my wits back and could remember what the hell it was I was going to say, suddenly there is this BRIGHT LIGHT of a video cam right in front of me. At that point the ONLY thought in my head was, "SHIT--that video is going to add at least 10 pounds to me!" And I glared into the light and said, "GO AWAY!" I didn't even know it was the minister (helping his wife) behind it. Afterwards I asked my son if what I said came out okay and he said, "Yeah, but maybe you shouldn't have yelled at the minister."

And OHMYGOD--it was caught on tape! Me yelling at a minister--saved for prosperiety. Granted, that light was rude and it's hard enough to speak in front of a group when you're not used to it, but I'm sure I wouldn't have spoken quite so forcefully if I hadn't been thinking about how fat I was gonna look (the champagne probably didn't help either).

Now I'm going to Hell for SURE.

:)

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

ROFLMAO...that is too funny. I would probably done the same thing as I hate cameras and videos even more. I hope losing weight will change that for me.

I am sure the good Lord will forgive you for yelling at the minister as He will understand your dilema. lol

Jolynn

LOL! That is hilarious. Very funny. Ya know girl, sometimes you just gotta laugh at yourself or else you'll run hide under the bed.

I'm sure the minister will forgive you. Now it's time to forgive yourself.

Now I'm going to Hell for SURE.

:)

LMAO

When I read your thread title I thought the scene would be MUCH worse than it really was, so I am personally relieved. :)

Maybe write him a little note, apologize for yelling at a minister and explain your predicament. It's his job to understand folks...take the chance to offer a really good legitimate excuse. Those don't come around too often! Plus it will make you feel better to make amends. You crack me up!

Hey Kare, Sh*t happens! It will be a great conversation piece in years to come! shake it off girl! Next time they'll get out of the way!

Years ago, I was my brother's best man in his wedding. While on the alter, the Pastor asked for the ring, in which I was holding (still in the ring box). I opened the tight little black ring box and the dam ring goes flying out!! I let out a big 'ol G..DAMIT in front of God and everybody! The Pastor looks at me with that "no you didn't look"!! But yes I did! I look towards the audience (what ever you call people at a wedding) and my wife and my brother-in-law are about to pee in their pants! My parents and the bride's parents didn't look a bit amused! In fact, there was some people giving me some serious "go to hell" looks! Mainly the bride's family. I was red as an apple! Well needless to say, I caught plenty of crap for that one! At the reception, all our friends and family were having a good time with it! Now that time has passed by, it was just one of those things. My brother's marriage didn't last too long, but that story will last forever!

Ray

Oh Kare, I'd like to type some comforting words here but I'm too busy laughing... :)

Congrats on fitting into that skirt by the way - I'll bet you looked beautiful!

Hey ya know....Its amazing what comes out of our mouths some times. I think all will be forgiven and you will get a laugh out of it.....

I one time was hysterical crying at a funeral for a relative and my father is always trying to make wise cracks to ease the moment. Well I wasn't in the mood for his mouth and I yelled at him in my most hysterical voice BITE ME!! That was umm a bit uncomfortable, but hey..

Then I was in the OR room with my good friend as she was having a C Section...This was her first baby. She had numberous sonograms and they all said girl girl girl...Well, while in the OR, I stood up, I was up by my friends head, but I wanted to watch the procedure....and when they took the baby out and flipped the baby around...I noticed something and yelled out the first thing that came to mind...OH MY GOD ITS GOT A PECKER.....The ENTIRE OR came to a skreeching halt and EVERYONE looked at me with disbelief!! I said she was supose to be a girl!!!! Well, hey, I know how to make an impression no matter where I go.....ehehehehe

Well, it's not like he didn't ask for it. I'd say it was completely justafiable.

You guys cracked me up with your verbal utterances too!

But really that minister was pretty rude with that camera. I found out this morning that my bro & his bride didn't know he was going to be taping and they found it annoying also as he was following them around.

Honestly, I'm mostly chagrined that it was caught ON TAPE. Now forever people can see me using my "Mother Voice." At least after the first showing or two no one watches wedding tapes anyway.

Hey, at least you didn't swear at him. I am sure that I would have.... But then, I am on an express to Hell.... lol

:]