Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am (getting) discouraged!

I ws banded 06/22/05, to date have lost 28 lbs, have a VG band in w/8cc's and have yet to feel restriction! I can take all 4 of my meds, at the same time, and get no clogging. I just had a fill nearly 2 weeks ago--I want to get another one, I leave on vacation the 11th, my doc will do them at 2 weeks, can I do it so close to vacation? I would hate to end up in the carribean too restricted. Is 1 week long enough to know if I am too tight? I am not happy with this--I drink at least a gallon of Water a day--(for real) eat small portions, today I am going toclean house with ankle weights on----my weight loss has been noticed in my tummy so I wonder if the band is too big for me----hhhhheeeeelllllllllllllllllp!

Sorry you are going through this. I was banded May 25, 2005 and have lost 34 pounds. I have had 3 fills and 1 unfill so I know what restriction feels like.

I need a fill right now but I am waiting until I return from France. I don't want to get somewhere and have a problem with my band. Even without good restriction, I'm eating less than I did before surgery but I've been plateaued for almost 3 weeks now.

I wouldn't have a fill right now. I believe I have plenty of time to lose weight and learn to live with the band vs being overfilled and needing a unfill and not being able to have one. I also know that I become more restricted in the heat.

Its your call but if you decide to get a fill, make sure you are ready to live with restriction (that you haven't experienced before) in a vacation environment - ie limited food choices, drs, etc. Good luck. Celeste

I would hate to end up in the carribean too restricted.

If it were me I'd wait until I get home from vacation

Different climates and weather can do funny thingsd to our bands and our restriction. Vacation is a time for enjoyment, I sure would hate to be in the Carribean and be too tight with no band Dr. close by and be miserable on vacation..you have a lifetime with this band and a lifetime to lose thie weight...go on vacation and enjoy yourself..get your fill when you come home..

I'd wait until you get home from your vacation. You don't want to end up too tight far from home.

Get a fill when you get home.

I would wait to. I have the VG band also and have had trouble finding restriction. I didnt have restriction at 8mls either. It took 8.9mls to get good restriction. I had that for a couple of months and then it waned. I had a fill last week taking me up to 9.6mls and I felt no difference from it till today. My fills usually dont kick in for a couple of weeks so I am hoping that is what this one does but even if it doesnt I am going to try and work with it for a while as I am worrying about being so little into my journey and so high up in the mls already. Anyway my point is dont worry too much about your restriction as I know alot of other with the VG band not getting restriction till 8.5-9.5mls. All insides are different I was told and everyone can take different levels till they find the restriction right for them.

PS I do feel your pain tho :)

You guys are all right. I need to relax and go with the flow and have a good vacation (as much as you can without devouring the midnight chocolate buffet!!) I just get so frustrated--I think I am gonna have restriction and then poof----back to nothing. But it would suck to be in a foreign country and need an unfill--"uh, Captain, can we depart a little later today? I have a doctors appointment." I am sure that is gonna happen!!!! LOL Thanks so much for your replies.