Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4cc make that big of a difference?

Hi ya'll--

I was banded 3.5 weeks ago. I have a 10cc band and my doc put 4cc in it from day one.

I have not had any problems whatsoever.

I can drink fine--- have from day one.

I can eat small portions of the right foods ( haven't attempted the wrong ones) and I get an ache in the pit of my stomach so I stop.

I am getting plenty of Protein and Water and I am exercising daily.

I get hungry somedays but if I eat a few bites of hummus or cottage cheese or a cheese stick I am fine.

I have lost 11 lbs since my surgery---the first week was about 4 lbs and then started slowing down.

The only major difference I am seeing in how I feel is I keep burping alot......in fact I have forgotten a few times about the band totally.

I just keep wondering about bandster hell--- is this it or am i just lucky so far?? Would having 4cc from the get go change my experience??

Do you think I will end up getting a fill at the 6 week mark or are things progressing fine?

I think 4 cc from the beginning is definitely the difference. I had 2 cc & once the initial swelling went down after about 2 weeks out, I was starving. You may or may not neet a fill in 2.5 weeks. You may still be just right or you could even loosen up or tighten up somewhat by then. You'll just have to tell your doctor how you are feeling at that time.

Good luck! It sounds like it is going great for you so far.

4 cc's much of a difference? Let me tell you! .2 cc's makes a difference. Not 2 cc's - .2 cc's. I had a fill 3 weeks ago and it kicked my butt. Saturday I had to get .1 cc's taken out due to reflux developing from the last .2 cc fill. So yes - any amount can make a huge difference. When you're starting out, you may not think that much is that big of a deal. Believe me, when you get close to your sweet spot, there is a fine line between perfect restriction and being too tight.

Since my .1 cc unfill - no reflux. Go figure. A couple of drops made all the difference in the world.

Good luck with your progress. You're doing great!

I didn't have any fill in my band initially and after just 2 fills of 1cc each, I got too tight and had 1/2 cc taken out. So 4 cc's is huge if you are anywhere close to the right tightness. There are different size bands and other factors, everything is individual so comparing how many cc's in your band to others becomes meaningless. The tightness of your band can vary on many other factors too, including time of day and time of the month, and can change as you lose weight.

Congratulations on the weight loss, you will have to wait to see how you are doing closer to your potential fill time to see what is needed then.