Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6th Month Bandiversary and I Did It!

You guys are too much! I was out of town all weekend and when I got home this evening I got online and started reading all these posts and I'm sitting here feeling so good right now because of each and every one of y'all! Man, I'm just so blessed to know people like every one of you guys. You make this journey so nice! Some wanted to know the secret to my success so far...well, a lot of it is pure hardheadedness! A trait that at times doesn't work in my favor but it sure is helping me now. I saw a news segment the week after I was banded and it certainly didn't give the lapband a good review. I made my mind up right then and there to prove them wrong! I have to admit I have been a darn good bandster when it comes to following the rules but I also don't make myself crazy with it either. If I want something I eat it...just now it's such a small amount that it doesn't seem to hurt me. I told my surgeon when I went in for my preop visit that I was an overachiever and what some of my goals were....he doubted me at the time but he doesn't any more. I still have a long ways to go but I know without a shadow of a doubt that I'm going to do it! I started out on the day of surgery at 427 pounds and thank the Good Lord that as of Friday I weighed 325.8 pounds and I'm only going to thrill at watching the scale keep on dropping! As far as exercise....I do it but nothing "organized." I close myself off in my room and turn on music and dance my butt off! LOL I hope no one ever window peeps or they might die of fright watching me! LOL I sure ain't no Ginger Rogers but it seems to be working. I also walk as much as I possibly can. I had polio as a baby and am starting to have some real problems now with my leg but I do what I can. It just gets easier every day as I lose though. I can walk a mile now whereas before I got winded walking from my car to my office. I can even chase after my precious 1 year granddaughter now. Before there was no way I could have. I saw some pictures this weekend that were taken a couple of months before my surgery and I swear I look like Jabba from Star Wars! I was horrified looking at them! Then my aunt showed me one she took Saturday morning and I couldn't believe the difference I saw. I think that's when it really hit me how far gone I had left myself get but how damn good I was feeling now and starting to look good to boot! I've gone down already 6 sizes and it feels great. I just feel so inspired by all of y'all and I hope I can inspire someone just a little bit in return. Thank you all for all your kind words! You have got to be one of the finest group of people on earth and I'm so lucky to be a member of this group! LOL...I'm sitting here typing this novel with tears running down my cheeks cause each and every one of y'all has touched me more than words could ever say! Now I'm off to the tickerfactory to make myself a new ticker!!!!