Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clear liquid phase...

You just have to take it one looong day at a time. :)

Have you tried sugar free popsicles? They really helped me through, but there's no getting around the fact that the clear liquid phase is awful. I'm sorry - I wish I had some fabulous advice, but you will make it! :D

I'm in the same situation as you, for I was banded on the 24th.

Clear Liquids sucks don't it LOL. I can not believe I have any hair left and I'm on day 7 (I'm going nuts, wanna pull my hair out LOL).

My mom made some really good ckn/veggie broth for me, I have 1 cup a day.

I have coffee w/skim milk in the morning. This is on my list of "clear" foods, just 1 a day though.

I'm eating italian ices (no fruit inside), ice pops, gatorade, and I just incorporated Isopure (its got protein) drinks in yesterday. Isopure is a clear drink and it comes in many flavors, I got mine at GNC. I'm hopeing this will help b/c Protein help keep you fuller longer.

I'm drinking a TON of Water but still going crazy when the hunger pains make me stop in my tracks and grab my stomach.

I think the best thing to do is stay out of the kitchen, keep busy and remember, this will pass.

I am not sugar restricted but I still watch b/c I don't want to eat 1000 calories in sugar ya know.

GOOD LUCK !!!!

The sugar-free popsicles helped a lot, and then I think the rest of it is your basic "guts." You've just got to gut it out, no pun intended! Not easy, not fun, no way. But it is soon behind you, and you're a couple of steps further on your way to your goal. Hang in there, wish I could give you better advice, or even a loophole, but I feel your pain. Cindy

Thanks for all the support! I will definately try the Isopure, but I find myself going for hours with nothing but just Water, I have not had any hunger pains at all, how weird!! I can't beleive how wonderful this web site is, I thought I'd have no one to talk with if I had a problem, but everyone has been so helpful. Again THANKS

I used a lot of Jello, sugar free popsicles and various herbal teas. Some of them are really yummy, and there are a variety of flavors. I didn't really feel hungry (other than head hunger, a steady thrum that never....ever....goes away. I can hear it now.). Maybe my stomach was too insulted by my treacherous act of banding it to feel hungry?

Try the herbal teas, great flavors and caffeine free!

So how are you doing ? Making it so far?

I caved in today, cream of wheat which is the next stage. I'm just shy my 2 weeks that I'm supposed to be on clears, I just can't take it.

I see we were banded just a day apart and I have to admit I caved too! I had some Cream of rice, boy did it taste great!

I actually ended up go back in to the doctor on Tuesday, thought my incisions looked infected, but everything was ok. I did get to weigh in, down 14 pounds;-) I told the doc that I was having a hard time with the clear liquids, he said to try and make it as far as I could, but starting the next phase could start a little early. I've never been a Soup lover, but boy it sure does taste good now!

Thanks for the support

You need to go into "User CP" and edit your signature. You can find that at the top of this page on the blue bar.

There are numerous threads about how to post your ticker - if you search the word "Ticker" or "Tracker" you will find some instructions. The Search feature is also located on the blue bar.

If you need any help with the signature stuff, feel free to PM me.

:]