Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I am new to this, so here goes. This is my story. 2 years ago I looked into lapband and talked myself right out of it for whatever reason.Then June of 09 I was at a party and was talking to one of my neighbors and one thing led to another and she told me she had labband surgery. Then I started looking into it again and started to get the ball rolling.Long story short, July started the process. I was hoping to have the surgery before the end of December for 2 reasons. 1 my husband wanted to be here with me before he got deployed and 2 we had to change insurance because of him being deployed. The one insurance we had, didn't have as many requirements as Tricare. The person who did the psychological evaluation took 5 1/2 weeks to complete it, so because of that I had to go under Tricare and now that we have Tricare, I had additional requirements to do. I did the blood test for H-pylori and that came back positive (just a trace) but because of that, I now have to see a G.I. doctor and have to take care of that before it can be submitted to the insurance co.I have almost given up several times, but my neighbor is very encouraging and I keep going. I feel like everytime, I get a step closer, I take 2 steps back. I am anxious to get this done, and start a healthier lifestyle. Has anyone else had any problems like this? Thank you for your time.

Holy smokes, it sounds like you have more than your share of hoops to jump through.

I was self pay so I haven't had these issues. You may want to check some of the insurance threads, there might be others with the same experiences.

Hang in there, though. It will be well worth it.

All the best.

Thank you. I am trying to hang in there. I keep telling myself that it will be worth it.

Update - I had an endoscopy done and was on the anitbiotics for 2 weeks. Had a follow up blood test, and it still shows H-Pylori :( Have a Dr. appt tomorrow to see what to do next to try to get rid of this so I can get back on my lapband journey - very discouraged but still hanging in there. Want to get the ball rolling and start losing weight so my husband will come home to a new me :D

The H-Pylori stuff sounds really annoying - I just read that more than 50% of us have it inside of us, and 80% of the people who have it are asymptomatic. It just sounds like more fun and games from the insurance industry.

Just follow through and be patient - and remember, you are doing this for yourself, not your husband. Imposing deadlines might only add to your stress. Keep hanging in there.

The H-Pylori stuff sounds really annoying - I just read that more than 50% of us have it inside of us, and 80% of the people who have it are asymptomatic. It just sounds like more fun and games from the insurance industry.

Just follow through and be patient - and remember, you are doing this for yourself, not your husband. Imposing deadlines might only add to your stress. Keep hanging in there.

Thank you, I have to remind myself that I am doing this for me. I went to the dr yesterday and he said you might not ever get rid of it. Could read false positives. I had to do a "sample" and that will tell for sure. So have to wait another 3 days for the results. Keeping my fingers crossed :sad: I agree about the insurance. I told my dr. that in order to do this surgery I can not have a positive H-pylori test and he asked who the insurance was through and he said that was the stupidest thing he ever heard and they should know better lol.

Hang in there, Airam!! Don't let the obstacles get you down! Just remember...it's just hoops to jump through. Don't let it stop you from doing what you know you can do! Go girl!!!

(Various whoo-whoo's and cheers)

Onyx

Hang in there, Airam!! Don't let the obstacles get you down! Just remember...it's just hoops to jump through. Don't let it stop you from doing what you know you can do! Go girl!!!

(Various whoo-whoo's and cheers)

Onyx

Thank you very much. :tongue_smilie:

Thank you very much. :wink:

NEW UPDATE :eek: "sample" for H-pylori came back NEGATIVE this time - woo hoo. Now I just have to wait for insurance approval from Tri-Care.

That is fantastic news - full bore ahead, nothing can stop you now! Congratulations!

That is fantastic news - full bore ahead, nothing can stop you now! Congratulations!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :smile2:

I have another update - I finally have a surgery date April 7th 2010 - woo hoo. I have few mixed emotions now, I didn't think that would happen to me when I was reading other peoples posts, but it did lol. I am very happy one minute then want to cry the next minute lol. I guess that is normal.

There was a mix up with the insurance but it is fixed now. The Surgery place thought I had Tricare Prime, but I have the standard and that is different. Standard doesn't really have any pre certs. So the hoops I was jumping through was not really needed. But the way I look at it is everything happens for a reason, and there was a reason it was meant to happen this way.

SO YEAH, I can't wait for April 7th.

Thank you all for your support and kind words. Talk to you soon.