Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mission trip to Haiti...questions...

My church is planing a couple mission trips to go help with the earthquake victims in Haiti. I am only 4 days post op right now, so I know now is out of the question. But is there any reason that I shouldnt be able to go in the near future? The different foods? Doctor care? etc? Any thoughts?

I would be very leery about going for the sheer fact the medical care right now down there is nil. If you get sick, physically sick and irritate your band to the point that you can't drink or eat, you will be in a world of hurt with no one to help you. Forget about finding a lap band doc - much less any doc that will be able to come to your aid.

IF you decide to chance it and go, please make sure that any Water you drink is sanitary (bottled if you can) and any food you eat is also. Talk to your band doc about going and see if there are any shots he recommends before you go and ask him/her for tips. Hate to be dramatic but it could be a matter of life and death for you.

I know it sounds like I'm discouraging you from going, but you do have to be aware that you are special concerns that may not be able to be addressed if you get down there and have problems.

Your compassion is commendable.

emjay has given you some really good advice. I hope you will take it. Your compassion is wonderful but I suggest that you find a ways & means to help from a home base right now. Water, sleeping quarters, bathrooms, & food is in very very short supply. You have to consider your own healing and health right now.

Might I suggest holding off and healing first then going down to help rebuild? The need isn't going to disappear overnight. You will be of more help once you have healed yourself.

That being said, my husband and I did a mission trip to Jamaica. I cannot even imagine going now - I'm 6 days post op. There is NO way I could have done what we did before in the condition I am in now. The weight limit to pick up things alone would have been a disaster.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches