Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd fill and can't eat

I had my 3rd fill and was doing okay drinking the 1st two days. I ate my 1st meal which was not much. I got sick!!!!! Now I can't hardly even keep down Water. Could there some swelling are does that mean I am filled to much?

It sounds like you are walking that fine line between a sweet spot and too tight. After my last fill I had to do liquids more than the usual after a fill, but it slowly got better. It sounds like you may have some swelling or irritation from getting sick. Only you can decide if you are too tight. A couple of sure ways to tell if you are too tight is night coughing and night acid reflux.

Had no problem until I ate and got sick. It was ruff!!!!! I have not had any coughing or reflux.

I am going for my first fill tomorrow and they are doing it under flouro at the hospital. I'm a year out and have never had a fill. What should I expect?

I had my 3rd fill and was doing okay drinking the 1st two days. I ate my 1st meal which was not much. I got sick!!!!! Now I can't hardly even keep down Water. Could there some swelling are does that mean I am filled to much?

If you can't keep Water down, call your doctor. Even taking a very small amount out can make a world of difference. It is the difference between being at the sweet spot and overly tight.

Wow a year out and you have not had a fill never heard that before. My 1st fill I could not tell that I had one, I could only tell after my 2nd one. I felt a little restriction after the 2nd fill.

It hurts a littlebit when they stick the needle in the port but that it's. Now my 3rd fill is giving me some trouble.

I am going for my first fill tomorrow and they are doing it under flouro at the hospital. I'm a year out and have never had a fill. What should I expect?

Different docs are different with their fills. I have only had 2 and each one was completely painless even though the PA at my surgeon's office doesn't numb beforehand. The best advice I can give is DON'T LOOK AT THE NEEDLE!!! Other than that, just relax, and after the fill when they have you drink, be honest about how it feels. If the Water is going down slowly, you probably need them to take some out. Do NOT leave there if you feel you are too tight.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your responses. BTW, I have lost 86 lbs. without a fill. I think my band is just really tight to begin with. I have had a lot of problems with solid food until recently. Now I can eat more and more and I have stopped losing weight.