Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Queston about Pre Op diet booboo

I started my pre op diet a week early so for the first 9 days I had a Protein Shake in the AM and I put a TSP of Peanut Butter in there. I just was going through the other posts and I saw someone posted about peanut butter being a no no for the pre op diet because of the fat content..Did I goof up my chances of my liver being big because of the peanut butter? I plan on not using it anymore..I have stuck with the pre dop diet 100% just added the peanut butter in the AM. Any help to clear my mind would be great!! I go for surgey on Jan 22nd..:w00t:

I started my pre op diet a week early so for the first 9 days I had a Protein shake in the AM and I put a TSP of Peanut Butter in there. I just was going through the other posts and I saw someone posted about Peanut Butter being a no no for the pre op diet because of the fat content..Did I goof up my chances of my liver being big because of the peanut butter? I plan on not using it anymore..I have stuck with the pre dop diet 100% just added the peanut butter in the AM. Any help to clear my mind would be great!! I go for surgey on Jan 22nd..:drool:

I think you will be alright with such small additions and plus you've lost weight no doubt, so I wouldn't worry about it, as on my pre-op, I screwed up big time for one meal, and it didn't affect me as I lost weight anyhow....just my opinion, no medical knowledge backing it!!!! Good luck!:w00t:

I wouldn't worry about it. I think you still have time to do it right and your liver still be ok. If it does concern you give your doc or his nutritionist a call.

It shouldn't make any difference...I have slipped up one time and I think the intense pre-op diet will shrink you liver enough to have the surgery...plus I don't think your liver will swell up for a small tsp of Peanut Butter but I would just remove it like you plan to anyway.

Did I goof up my chances of my liver being big because of the Peanut Butter?

Don't stress. Some doctors don't even require a pre-op diet.

I wouldn't worry about it either - my doc had me on a two week pre-op diet but, because of the quickness in which my surgery was scheduled, I only did one week. As was just mentioned, the pre-op diets vary GREATLY from doctor to doctor. I've read about 6 month diets, 2 weeks, 1 week, 1 month, 48 hours, nothing, and everything in between! I'm sure you'll be fine :(