Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I attended the information session. I pretty much knew about the procedure and which one I'd be interested in having. My husband unfortunately did not make it. He had to work and could not get out of it.

He doesn't think I need the surgery (it's nice to know he loves me just the way I am) even though I most definitely qualify and have been struggling with my weight my whole life. I think the idea of surgery scares him and he'd rather I keep on working out and working on nutrition.

The whole idea of surgery scares me and I'm not sure if I want to go through with it, yet. I'm nervous about this myself and I could really use at least, his understanding why this is important for me.

Is he prepared to make the sacrifices to work out with you and modify his eating habits along with you for the rest of your lives? Have you tried this with him? What is his reaction when you falter on your nutrition or don't feel like working out?

Surgery should be a last resort and it isn't going away. You are young, take your time and work with him to make your decision. Although you are both thinking differently about it, it doesn't mean either of you is more right than the other but in the end, it is your life and you have the final say.

My husband was very against this at first but now He thinks it was such a great thing for me to do. The more he learns about the surgery the more supportive he is. He is so proud and excited that I am losing weight. Achieving my dreams really. I never had any hope that I could live a healthy vibrante life until my doc mentioned the lapband too me. Now I can actually envision my self smaller, healthier and with more energy. I am 12 days post op and already feel the transformation happening. I have lost 20 pounds, 8 since surgery. It is so much easier for me to get up in the morning. I am not falling asleep all the time. It has gotten easier for me to take care of myself. I have more motivation. This surgery has already changed my life. I never want to go back to the way I was a few months ago. I was so sleepy and tired and just couldn't get my studying done. Couldn't think clearly. Don't give up on all these possabilities. Tell your husband it is not just a matter of what size you are but a matter of how you feel. He doesn't know what it is like for us to walk into a room full of people or meet a new person. Being fat is more than just on your body it's in your head. Can I fit in this seat? Is my deodorant still working? Am I the fattest person here? Do they think I am a pig? lazy? I think I have fat brain. Which makes me uncomfortable everywhere I go for some reason or another. Now, I see a light at the end of the tunnel. One day I will be just like anyone else and won't stand out because I am fat but because I am beautiful and brilliant. It is alot of hard work but now I can see myself reaching my goal. Prelapband I never even dreamed of it. Good luck to you.

When I first brought the idea of getting the Lap Band up to my husband, I thought he would look at me like I had two heads. I know he loves me the way that I am, but I was still nervous. His first reaction was "Do you even qualify?" (God Bless his soul, but then once I began talking with him and really explaining all my reasons for wanting to do this he was super supportive.

Yes, the idea of having surgery is a scary one for a lot of people, but it is a safe operation. When I could sense his hesitation at first about me going under the knife, I explained to him that it was comparable to the laproscopic surgery I had back in september for an ectopic pregnancy and my recovery would be very similar.

Is you husband overweight, if I may ask? Sometimes it is hard when our spouses don't understand completely the struggle we go through with our weight. Many men just think that "Oh we can go to the gym and lose the weight by working out!". They don't realize that for a lot of women it's just not that simple. I spent the last year doing weight watchers and going to the gym. Losing weight in and of itself is a battle, but keeping it off is a continuing struggle that most of us have been unsuccessful with.

I think that by talking with him, being honest and open and sharing your fears, your hopes and your dreams, the two of you will be able to move along together on your journey. Yes it is scary at times to think about being banded, but what scares me more is knowing that if I keep on going like I have been for the last 15 years of my life, I quite possible won't be around to enjoy my life with my daughter and my husband.

I've been reading a lot of blogs from fellow posters and watching a lot of Youtube videos posted by people who have been banded and they are truly inspirational. They help to reinforce my decision and I know I am doing the right thing.

When I first brought up surgery, my husband was against it. None of his family have ever struggled with being overweight...not even by a little bit...so he couldn't grasp what I dealt with on a daily basis. I basically told him that I loved him and I wanted to grow old with him, and at the rate I was going and the success (or lack of) that I was having with my weight, it was becoming increasingly likely that he would be a widower for the second time. I also told him that I hoped he would come around because I was going to do this with or without his support because I had to for my health.

By the day of my surgery, he was on my team and has been my biggest supporter.