Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had a panni and breast reduction at the same time?

Hi Everyone-

Just wondering. My boobs are now in a completely different hemispere than they should be and my panni covers my pubic area; as a result, my lower back and upper back are always killing me and I can't stand for very long. When I do, I get pain in my pannus area. Have any of you had a breast reduction at the same time you had the pannilectomy (sp)? I just can't imagine the recuperation period or the pain, but would love to get everything done at the same time...your thoughts....

Marieze

I feel ya, although I am very far away from PS, I will say this, I have done a lot of research and I would like to offer my opinion. I have given this a lot of time and consideration. Some insurance pays for a panni, however, the result may not be what you were looking for. I am considering a tummy tuck-they are not the same thing. Also a panni does not consider your mons-the top of your pubic area-a different procedure. Sometimes if you have a panni your mons is streched up to your belly button and is a less than desirable look and no real way to correct it. I would encourage you to find a Plastic Surgeon who specializes in massive weight loss surgery so you get the look you really want. I know often procedures can be combined. I am probably 4 years away from having plastics, please keep me posted re: your journey.

Marieze, I hust had my breasts reduced and put back where they belong and my upper arms reduced. I will have my Tummy Tuck (TT) in March. I can't imagine the pain/discomfort of having all done at once, but maybe it is my arm reduction that is giving me the most trouble and not my chest. I had a wonderful healper. If you have a great helper and good pain meds you can do it. It does save a lot of money to have them done at the same time. Many ppl have even more work done at one time and do fine.

Best wishes.

Mimi

Most insurance will cover the reduction but will they sometimes cover the panni? I don't need a reduction i need implants but I do need a panni. I go Feb 1 to see a plastic surgeon.

My mom lost over 100 lbs. with the help of a lap band 2 years ago and had a breast reduction and Tummy Tuck earlier this year. Both surgeries were done at the same time and the Dr. she used works frequently with her bariatric surgical team.

The recovery was more difficult than she anticipated (dealing with drains and fairly large incisions) but she is so glad she did both at once.

Insurance covered the breast reduction (she went from a DD to a C) but the tummy tuck was out of pocket. The nice thing was that the OR, supplies, anesthesiologist and other things were covered as they were billed as part of the breast reduction, so she only had the surgeons fees for the TT.

FWIW- she looks, and feels fantastic.

kagead

What type of surgery was the panniectomy?

What is this pinn??? surgery anyway?