Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date set for January 26th!!!!!

I went to my preop appt today and got my surgery date for January 26th! I'm excited and a little nervous too! I just have to continue the same diet I've been doing (lost 19 pounds so far) which is protien shake for Breakfast, one for lunch, protien snack and veggies and dinner a low fat meat and veggies. Anyone else have the same date??? Have you strated your preop diet and how is it going? Just thought I'd say hi...would love to have some buddies to go threw all this with!!!! :thumbup:

I'm on the 26th too!! We can be band buddies!! My pre-op appointment is tomorrow.

Good luck tommorow Chele....I was so nervous for mine today...I was afraid he was going to say sorry no surgery for you for whatever reason! But everyone in his office was very reasuring and they answered all my questions! I feel much better now! I was there for about an hour an 1/2 all together. Anyway, hope your appt goes well!

Christy

One week to go Chele....how are you doing? I'm getting nervous and excited too. I go in for my preop with the hospital on Thursday. I've been following my same diet but haven't lost anymore since last week....don't know why but that's kind of a bummer. I'll weigh in on Thursday hopefully have at least a few more pounds off.

What time do you report for your surgery on Tuesday? I have to be there at 6:45...have a feeling I won't be sleeping much Monday night anyway. It seems sometimes all I can think about is this sugery!!!!!!! I think I'm obsessed! lol! At work it's what I'm thinking about...at home it's what I'm thinking about...I guess it's normal to be that way. I was wishing I had this week off so I could just stay home and cruise these boards all day...LOL!

I'm getting all ready for surgery. Ordered me a bunch of the Unjury protien powder....I had ordered some samples and liked it so I got plenty to get me threw my 3 weeks of liquid. I'll go shopping this weekend for CL stuff and then clean the house...don't want to have to be worried about that when I'm trying to recover! Well hope all is well with you and all the future Jan badsters out there! Back to work I guess (if I must...lol)

Christy

I also have my surgery one January 26th too! I'm so excited. I'm not going to lie thou I have the same pre-op diet 2 shakes and a low fat dinner and I have not really been doing it. I think I'll be fine thou because my nurse said I'm so young and my BMI is a 35 my liver should be fine. I just have a feeling I'm going to get one of the disappointed looks when I go in.

I didn't really have to do a bunch of pre-op stuff. I went in a week or so ago and they took my blood and sent me on my way. They just told me to be there Tuesday at 11am and surgery is at 1:00. I get to go home like 2 hours after surgery they said. It all has kind of seemed really fast. I went to a seminar on the lap band and they gave me my surgery date that same day which was 3 weeks away.

Edited by MissMelissa

Wow Miss Melissa that is quick. I am self pay so mine went pretty quick but no where that quick! I went to my seminar in November, had to do 2 sleep studies (since they found I had sleep apnea), psych eval, nutrition eval and see my primary care physician for some labs and a letter of approval. I been on the diet since end of November...but I didn't stick to it over the holidays. I lost 12 pounds before Christmas and have lost another 7 since then. My Dr. wants his patient to loose 10% before surgery which I'm 10 pounds away from but if your close and keep loosing (can't gain any!) he will schedule surgery...so I'm scheduled for Tuesday. My sugery is at 8:45am. Hopefully there won't be any changes in the schedule prior to that!

Melissa I would just try to do your diet as much as you can prior to your surgery....even if not to reduce the liver I think getting in the mind set would help after surgery! I will be on liquids for 3 weeks after....I think I'm dreading that more than the surgery itself!

It is getting close...only 4 more days!!! :biggrin:

My doctor does not have a post-op 3 week liquid diet. It's like 2 or 3 days then try Soups and soft foods. I think I might die on a 3 week liquid diet.

Ya I double checked its 3 days liquid

• water, tea and coffee
  • protein shakes
  • clear broth (no other ingredients and not creamy)
  • milk (skim is recommended)
  • flavored Gelatin (no fruit or other ingredients added)

Then onto the soups that are creamy or lighter thicker, foods such as yogurt, pudding, apple sauce, oatmeal, or any other food that I'm willing to puree. Just nothing that you have to chew. I think that is for about a week.

Edited by MissMelissa

My surgeon doesn't really require a pre-op diet except for 2 days before. On Sunday, I have to eat a bland diet and Monday liquids only.

I'm so excited and getting alittle scare!

Hello I was just approved for the 2nd of February, just starting the pre op diet......however I was just told to watch my fat intake until next Tuesday......then do a cardiac health diet....I have not been told not to eart or do a liquid diet yet.....yikes!

After surgery I have to do a 3 week liquid diet...I can have protien shakes, thin yougart, cream Soups (no chunks), milk, sf Jello or popsicles. Basically a full liquid diet. I know it stinks....I am totally not looking foward to it!

I think I'm more nervous about the 3 week liquid them I am about the acually surgery. I'm afraid I'm going to be totally starving!

I ordered 5 containers of that Unjury protien powder...I'll try and use a lot of that! Hopefully it won't be to bad. And I just keep telling myself it's only 3 weeks of my life I can do that!

After that then I have to do 3 week of mushies and soft food...I'm sure those potatoes and tuna will taste like heaven...LOL!!!!!!

My surgeon doesn't really require a pre-op diet except for 2 days before. On Sunday, I have to eat a bland diet and Monday liquids only.

I'm so excited and getting alittle scare!

That diet sounds pretty good Chele!!! I just have to keep on my same diet then eat a light dinner the night before...and of course nothing after mid-night.

My doctor does not have a post-op 3 week liquid diet. It's like 2 or 3 days then try Soups and soft foods. I think I might die on a 3 week liquid diet.

Ya I double checked its 3 days liquid

Then onto the soups that are creamy or lighter thicker, foods such as yogurt, pudding, apple sauce, oatmeal, or any other food that I'm willing to puree. Just nothing that you have to chew. I think that is for about a week.

I know right??? I think I might die too....but I'll try not to...HAHA! It's going to stink but I'll try my hardest. Man if I can get threw that I think I can do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Congrats im new to this my surgery is on january 25 and in very nervous i didnt have much time to go into a diet i got the go ahead from my insurance on january 19 and just got my surgery date on january 22 so it all happen so fast any advise out there..

Congratulations!! and Good luck and have a speedy recovery. I had to do two weeks before and two weeks after and a three-stage food plan, going from Clear Liquids to soft foods. My daughter's doctor in Houston, Dr. Spivak, who has done thousands of bands, ...well, she didn't have to do anything before, just the day before, and nothing before a certain time. After, she was on soft foods for 2-3 days. But his philosophy was, why would I put you on a diet that clearly you're not going to stick to. He also believes in getting back to regular food as quickly as possible to start learning to live with your new band. My surgeon had only done five bands before me, lots of bypasses, but not bands. So I wasn't gonna give him any room to screw up. The diet before surgery is to reduce the size of your liver. So I was making mine as small as possible..:cursing::)

So good luck and speedy recovery!!

Trisha

Congratulations!! and Good luck and have a speedy recovery. I had to do two weeks before and two weeks after and a three-stage food plan, going from Clear Liquids to soft foods. My daughter's doctor in Houston, Dr. Spivak, who has done thousands of bands, ...well, she didn't have to do anything before, just the day before, and nothing before a certain time. After, she was on soft foods for 2-3 days. But his philosophy was, why would I put you on a diet that clearly you're not going to stick to. He also believes in getting back to regular food as quickly as possible to start learning to live with your new band. My surgeon had only done five bands before me, lots of bypasses, but not bands. So I wasn't gonna give him any room to screw up. The diet before surgery is to reduce the size of your liver. So I was making mine as small as possible..:cursing::)

So good luck and speedy recovery!!

Trisha

Thanks Trisha...looks like you've done a great job! :cursing:

Congrats on your weight loss! I like your daughters Dr...lol! My Dr. has also done thousands of band and still pretty strict on the diet! Mine is 3 stages also...stg 1 liquids, stg 2 soft and mushies and then stage 3 regular foods...stage 1-2 are 3 weeks each. I know it will all be well worth it! I went to the store today and stocked up on ALOT of Soups (creamy), light juice, crystal light, broth and some activa yougurt. I think I'm about ready in the food department :scared2: