Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are you at going into 2010?

Well hello to all my fellow August 2008 bandsters. I haven't posted in a very long while...and surely miss the communication we all used to have. With all of our lives changing sooo much in the past 2 years - it is difficult to stay in touch. I still have not met my goal yet....but I am determined that I will - soon. I am happy to say that my mother and some of my fellow co-workeres have just been banded as a result of seeing me change for the better. I wish them the best of luck on the journey ahead of them - as we all know it can sometimes be very difficult - but VERY REWARDING.

How are you doing now, going into 2010?

Please share...

:thumbup: Mesha

Banded: 8/13/2008

Beginning: 276 lbs. Size 26-28

Current: 195 lbs. Size 12-14

Lost: 81 lbs.**Goal: 175 lbs.**

weight.png

Edited by ahsem2bme
weight ticker

HI! I still have a ways to go as well but my goal is to meet my final goal in 2010. This means that I have to lose around 35 lbs this year. I am struggling getting back into exercising after my foot injury but it is happening. I am also struggling with severe GERD. I literally can't lie down at night. I have to have my head elevated or I choke all night. I am on medication and I do not eat a big meal at supper and I don't eat for at least 2 hours before bedtime but I am still struggling. I would be curious if anyone else has this problem. I haven't had a fill since 09/09 but my husband says no more fills until the GERD issue is settled.

I too started at 26-28 but I am only comfortably down to 14-16. I can fit into a 12 but I am not comfortable in most of them. Most importantly is that I feel so much better, I have more energy and more confidence. My goal is 3 lbs. per month this year and I can do that. My ticker doesn't show it, but I put some weight back on during the holidays. I should be gone by the end of this month and I will be back on track.

All of you still with me in meeting your goal - hang in there! We can do it! This is a life long committment to stay healthy.

Well I have been MIA from the boards for a long time. i just have been extremely upset with the band. I have gained alot of the weight back and have had a zillion fills and nothing nothing at all. I am going to speak with my doctor about getting gastric bypass since I am above a 40 bmi again. I know I dont look it but I carry my weight well in the behind and legs. I am soo fustrated with myself. I diet and exercise and nothing.