Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Past weight history question.

About 2 years ago I lost over 100lbs but gained it right back plus more by going out friends and stay up late and eating. Never seen the weight coming back till it was to late.

Will my insurance see this and deny me for it?

I just thought of this and now I am thinking of not ever giving it a shot and getting my hopes up.

About 2 years ago I lost over 100lbs but gained it right back plus more by going out friends and stay up late and eating. Never seen the weight coming back till it was to late.

Will my insurance see this and deny me for it?

I just thought of this and now I am thinking of not ever giving it a shot and getting my hopes up.

No, actually, it shows you can take weight off, but you have problems KEEPING it off. This is what the band helps with. I had a weight history of up and down. This time it is just going down. It is my understanding that they want to see that you have attempted weight loss previously and just aren't able to sustain it.

If anything I would think it would help you! The insurance looks at the fact that you had the willpower to loose that much. As my surgeons said, most of us that are so much over weight are there because we have health issues that put/keep us there. There are very few people in our positions that can loose that amount of weight and keep it off without the aide of WLS. Good luck!

No, actually, it shows you can take weight off, but you have problems KEEPING it off. This is what the band helps with. I had a weight history of up and down. This time it is just going down. It is my understanding that they want to see that you have attempted weight loss previously and just aren't able to sustain it.

Thanks for the reply. When I lost 100lbs I went to a weight loss center for 7 months.

Do you think they will take that as my 6 month diet needed for my insurance?

Hope this is the case. But since it was over a year and a half they might not take that.

Thanks for the reply. When I lost 100lbs I went to a weight loss center for 7 months.

Nope. Doesn't matter if it were yesterday. :thumbup:

The diet has to be supervised by your bariatric surgeon. Meaning he has to check the progress once a month.

Hope this is the case. But since it was over a year and a half they might not take that.

If you had weigh-ins that were documented, maybe. All you can do is ask. I didn't have to have that, I just needed a 5 year weight history. Good luck. Attend a seminar and you can ask questions there. Most of your questions can be answered by the case managers at the bariatric surgeon's office.

Yes at the weight loss place they kept track of my weight and BMI every 2 weeks. Also I was given a B12 shot twice a month. Also Chromium picolinate and something else that I cant really recall the name but it was something like phedamein.

Yes at the weight loss place they kept track of my weight and BMI every 2 weeks. Also I was given a B12 shot twice a month. Also Chromium picolinate and something else that I cant really recall the name but it was something like phedamein.

It was probably phentermine. Attend a seminar as soon as possible and look for a surgeon. If your insurance does not accept that as a supervised diet, the sooner you know and can begin one, the better you will be. It will also help to prepare you for your life after being banded!:thumbup:

It was probably phentermine. Attend a seminar as soon as possible and look for a surgeon. If your insurance does not accept that as a supervised diet, the sooner you know and can begin one, the better you will be. It will also help to prepare you for your life after being banded!:thumbup:

I attended a seminer about 6 months back but talked myself out of it.

I am going to see my doctor on Friday to get paper work from him to send in with the paper work the surgeon sent me to fill out and send back.

thanks for all the replys. You all been a great help

I attended a seminer about 6 months back but talked myself out of it.

I am going to see my doctor on Friday to get paper work from him to send in with the paper work the surgeon sent me to fill out and send back.

thanks for all the replys. You all been a great help

You are welcome. Feel free to message me if you have any other question or need anything else. Good luck!