Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oct 24th Bandster reporting in

Hi I'm back from being banded on Monday the 24th. Not much to report yet. Had to stay an extra day in the hospital as my band was too tight to allow the swallow test. Thankfully it was b/c I had been sick to my stomach and my stomach was enlarged. If it was that the band itself was too tight it would have required another surgery to pull some tissue away from the band. Since no other symptoms developed in 24hrs and I tolerated Water & CIB, they let me go. Still pretty loopy on pain meds & sleeping alot but I wanted to see if any of my banded pals fromt he 24th are back yet???????? How'd we do kids?

Hey sweetie, its good to see your beautiful face. Im glad your home and all is starting to heal.

I got home on Tuesday night. The pain is just horrible. Last night the gas pains gave me a work out. I had to take some gasx to relieve some of it. I was popping percocet every 3 hours.

Today I am feeling a little better but my tummy is HUNGRY, and the hunger pain HURTS like a mutha lol.

My mom is making me some REAL broth instead of the stuff in the can thats just awful.

It takes me all day to get a little Jello down, just b/c i lose interest in it. I'm doing good with the Water and juices.

I give people credit who bounce back fast....God Bless You !!!

I had to ship DD off to my Mom's today, it was just to much yesterday having her home, she is 4 and ever few minutes... Mom, get me this, mom get me that, Mom, Mom,.... So today I was like your out of here LOLOL

So..... thats my story :)

My kids were so cute, but thank God they are in school during the day -- they are killing me with kindness !! My bed is full of their toys they bring me to make me feel better, and my bedside table is covered with bottles of wter b/c it will make my tummy better. It is at once soooo cute and so bothersome I don't know what to do -- everytime I lay down there the darlings are with something to heal me! They are sooo cute about it, I can't send them away! Just had some veggie broth -- going to sleep for a while before they come home. Glad you pulled through without problems! Keep getting better

Congratulations Ladies!

Hey guys,

I'm glad to hear you are both doing ok. Everything is good here. I had my surgery around noon and was home by 8pm. I was so glad to come home. Did you guys have gas problems right away? I have to admit that was my biggest fear of the whole dang surgery. I've been waiting and so far nothing has happened. There are others at work who have had the same surgery and they say the gas was terrible. My tummy has been kind of grumbly though but not painful.

Talk to you guys later...

Wow -- you are doing great! I have a little gas, but I think that everyone means the bloated bubbly feeling in your tummy or shoulders. More from the air they pump into you during the surgery. The fart thing happens too, but I think that is less painful than the upper bubbles. It hasn't bothered me much. My only real pain is the incision right where my tummy is -- port & other 4 have no pain at all it's just the aches and the tummy pain. Wish I could burp but I am afraid of forcing it......Congrats to you you sound like you're up and at 'em!

Hi Ladies,

Thanks Karen & Crystal :)

Oh Yeah, I've had that wicked gas pains, horrible horrible horrible!! I'm feeling some what normal today, stiff, a little sore but much better. The gas pains were bad on tuesday and wednesday, then thurday it broke and ahhh, the pain was less and less. Today I feel pretty good but I'm not overdoing it.

I am VERY VERY hungry, the hunger pains hurt like a bitch....phewwwww. Wish I could have mushy now. My doc wants me on Clear liquids for 2 weeks !!! TWO WEEKS !!! yikes.

Did your doc tell you to take off your bandages? I'm supposed to take them off tomorrow and quite frankly ICK, I'm nervous about it.

Whats about you all ?

NJ CHICK- I am on liquids for 3 WEEKS! But not all clear -- I can have Protein Shakes and Soups (blended). Still would love to have some oatmeal, tuna or cottage cheese, but I am not overly hungry. I think my band is really tight or I still have alot of swelling from surgery. I can feel everything in my pouch eve Water remains in there some period of time. I took my bandages off yesterday and really had to gear myself up. I thought it would be gross & hurt but it was neither. There are surgistrips underneath and some of them are stained with blood/leakeage but nothing major or gross and it doesn't feel different to have them uncovered -- jsut a little more vulnerable around the kids! The gas thing is gross I wish I could stick a pin in and let it all out. I am still taking the pain med every 4 hours. I've never had much reaction to percocette, but this liquid is knowcking me on my ass -- I am TIRED! Off to stand by the door to meet the bus -- my big project for the day. Hang in girlfriends!

Thanks Keri *giggle*

Bandayed, how are you feeling today. You got liquid percocette????? man I had to crush mine and drink it in a solution of Water or juice ... CAN YOU SAY GROSS !!! LOL

I stoped my pain killers on Wednesday night. The gas really started moving out then and I felt alot better. Wednesday night I chewed to death a Gas-X tablet and it did help. The good thing was I only needed one. I'm also trying to walk alot, well as much as I can in the house. I'm not 100% but I feel like I'm about 80%. I have energy (not running a race energy) and feel pretty good. I wish I could have Soup or Protein shakes. One thing I do notice is I get sweaty alot, like I'm over heating so I drink alot of Water. Today I'm sipping coffee.

I don't feel any restriction as far as a pouch goes, my water and juice goes down with no problem, just like before banding. I'm greatful for that.

I'll be going to the mall today with DD, they are having a halloweenie party for kids, so it will be nice to get out. Actually last night I ran to the grocery store and bought rootbeer italian ice :) cherry ones too.

Whats shaking today... where are the rest of the banders ?

Wow NjChick -- I feel like an invalid next to you. I wouldn't give up my pain med for anything -- I know when it's wearing off and I just dose up again. I am sleeping alot too -- maybe it is from the med, but at least a 2 hr nap a day and all night! I was home alone with my youngest today and had to call a friend to come HELP me! I couldn't keep up with her!!! There is no way on the earth I would pull myself together to go to a mall! We are thinking about taking the kids to a halloween party at the park tomorrow, but if you can believe this, it has been SNOWING here most of the afternoon! You're my role model -- you go girl!

You know everyone is different. PamRN was out shopping the next day..can you imagine that? I'm only starting to feel human again. I did go to the mall and stood there sweating like a pig for 45 minutes. It was a little to much for me but I made it home okay. I'll drag myself to church tomorrow and then to a birthday party w/dd. But thats it for the day, I'll be exhausted.

SNOW !! egads, where are you from ?

I hope your getting in enuf fluids.

I was up and about pretty quick...so count myself lucky. But I found the best thing for the bloated feeling was to get up and walk around for about 10 minutes every hour or two. It really helped relive the gas I think...because I never really got the "pain" associated with it. Though I did look pregnant for about 3 days LOL.

My favorite protien drink during the two weeks liquids was this:

Scoop of Pro performance carmel chocolate (found at gnc)

6oz carbcountdown fat free milk

1 teaspoon Decaf instant coffee

3 ice cubes (made with vanilla protien shake)

I thought this tasted like a carmel mocha frappachino. The whole thing had like 33 grams of protien. I ususally made two of these a day during the liquid phase, drinking like 2 oz every hour. I didn't get hungery really, but I did get bored around day 10 of liquids. I bought gum then so I could chew.

Good luck...you guys are doing great...and it gets better every day.

Melissa

Both of you take care and know that soon you will feel better. I know I felt better within the first week. I know it isn't easy (I slept alot just to get through the time)

You will be great. Welcome to world of the band!!

Nancy