Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To These Boards

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the boards. I have been reading these boards and your stories for the better part of the morning and I just can't believe how much has reminded me of myself and my own experiences. So I look forward to continue reading and talking you all as we all take this amazing journey together.

Hi! Nice to meet you. My name is Bretteni. Have you been banded yet?

Hi! Nice to meet you. My name is Bretteni. Have you been banded yet?

Yes I had my surgery on Nov 18th '09. How about you?

Yes I was banded on Dec 17th. Had some complications so was rebanded on the 20th. I get my first fill tomorrow. I am so ready.

I had my first fill right after Christmas and didnt really feel any difference so went back a week later and some more put in. Did you have any put in right after surgery? I know some doctors do and some dont.

No. My band came with a little in it and he took that out the day after the first surgery cuz he thought maybe I was too swollen and too tight but unfortunately that did not make the vomitting stop either. So I have absolutely nothing in mine at all.

I started with none, then my first fill was 4cc's which as I said was not enough. Then I had 2 more cc's put in and I am at a total of 6 now. I feel some restriction but propbably still not enough. I go back on Feb 2nd so perhaps by then I will be ready for another little fill. Very hard trying to figure out where I am supposed to be.

Have you lost much? I was down 23 lbs. But since my swelling has went down and I am on normal foods again. I have gained about 5 of that back. Very frustrating. I can't seem to get it off. Watching what I eat and walking 2-3 miles a day.

I am down about 48lbs total, but that includes the liquid diet pre-surgery. Since my surgery I have lost a little over 20. I have not been back on a scale since my fill last Thursday because I was driving myself crazy using too many different scales. So I plan on just behaving myself and weighing in at the doctor's each month and see where I'm at. Happy belated Bday by the way, I'm Jan 5th!

Thanks! Happy belated Bday to you too. Where are you from?

I live in New Jersey, and you?

Oh that was stupid of me, I just saw Ky in your sig!

Kentucky. Born and raised in Illinois but been in KY for 10 years so I guess I should start saying I am from KY. ;)

It's ok. did you think the needle stick for the fills hurt? Mine did when he took all of my Fluid out but I was also like 18 hours out of surgery so maybe my abdomen was tender. I usually have a pretty high tolerance for pain.

my first fill I felt the needle a little bit then a week later I was expecting the same little pin prick and felt nothing. So I guess I just got used to it or perhaps they were more gentle the second time, lol