Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went for my consultation on Friday. My daughter went with me to hold my hand. She was banded a year ago June, this past Oct. she finished the Chicago Marathon. I'm very excited about my upcoming life change. I'm a little freaked out about the clear liquid diet my Dr. wants me on for 7 days before my banding. Any and all suggestions are most welcome!:)

I am on day 6 of 10 of my liquid diet. It is not as horrible as everyone said it was going to be. The main thing is to keep something around to sip on and NEVER let yourself get Hungry. I am almost always sipping on something. I am tired and am feeling pretty sluggish, but I am not really hungry anymore. I went to GNC and got me some Isopure sugar free high Protein Drinks. They arent the milky kind of Protein shakes...they look like koolaid. So they work for the clear liquid part. You will be fine! This diet is just laying the ground work for the doctors to get in there and do his job so we can start out new lives. We CAN do this!

Thanks for the suggestions, what about fat free chicken broth? Is that considered clear? Someone suggested raman packets. Does anyone know if I can still drink my psyllium or should I as I won't be having any solids. :)

I didn't have a pre surgery liquid diet but I put myself on one anyway. I wanted to be prepared for post surgery when it really counted. I knew if I couldn't do it before I had to re-think my decision. I found that sipping on warm/hot liquids kept me satisifed longer than cold ones. I drank herbal teas and warm broths. It wasn't that bad. Now post surgery I sometimes put myself on liquids for a day now and then and it's a breeze!

The key to making it through this period is to keep yourself busy so you don't sit around thinking how hungry you are. Most times I wasn't hungry I just thought I should be eating!! lol

Good luck to you!!:)

I am allowed chicken and beef broth, Jello, Water, Propel and SF popsicles as far as Clear Liquids go. I have now moved into full liquids which means I can have Protein Shakes.

Don't freak out about the diet. It is there for a reason. My Doc required it so my liver would shrink. I think it is worth it to get the band. Plus, it will help start the weightloss. I am not gonna tell you it is easy but I do believe it is worth it. Keep your eye on the prize.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches